• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F 1 IMOLA !! Congrats Jenson Button & B-A-R HONDA !!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

15-8080141.JPG

Great to see Jenson and HONDA on pole for the IMOLA GP Sunday . HONDA's last pole position ?, w/ SENNA 1992 !

I stood in the pole setters pit box .......... back in 1978 with my mate Mike Baldwin . Way back before the present pit garage design. Great place IMOLA !

Go HONDA ! , Keep after it BMW !!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

...after getting out of shape, let alone second place. Amazing guy. Question: Would he have been at the pole without the mishap?

Guest Anonymous

Michael Schumacher, not to have the fastest car/driver combo at the front of the field. Don't kid yourself that the BAR is faster than the Ferrari. I doubt that Button will be first into the first turn. Frankly qualifying has no meaning anymore.

Guest Anonymous

23111_but.jpg

maybe this why the Odessey Van has a 600,000 vehicle auto-trans re-call - spending too much time in the F1 dyno room making 900+HP for Jenson Button !

Looks like we might have a race worth watching tomorrow morning !

Guest Anonymous

The smaller teams cannot compete with the huge sums of money spent by

the likes of Ferrari, Toyota and McLaren on testing and development.

And Jordan poured scorn on the argument that the sport had to be at the

cutting edge of technology to remain popular.

"It's nonsense that we have to move with the times," he said. "Look at

Nascar. What has that got to do with modern times?

"It's the most archaic piece of rubbish you've ever seen and they get

300 million watching it every race, 35 races a year.

"Here [in Formula One] you have sensible people willing to spend tens of

millions of dollars on something that doesn't add to the show.

Guest Anonymous

villb01.jpg

the race -- anything else is a farce. Do you think Senna or Gilles Villeneuve would dig what they've done with qualifying for TV entertainment?

Guest Anonymous

but its boring as hell to watch. i would rather do laundry then watch ms and rb run away in the first turn.

all i'm saying is i'm glad to see bar on pole. he'll probably choke on the start like webber did and schumacher will disappear in a cloud of exhaust.

Guest Anonymous

aust.jpg

way back to the podium (generally about 60 seconds back) through the failures of others, not through the skill of the driver or the speed of his car -- but he does bring the car home, which is definitely an asset in racing. CD, do you think Jenks would be happy with qualifying being designed to punish the driver for trying harder? Innes Ireland wouldn't think so either.

Guest Anonymous

have ground-effects, varying number of wheels and a variety of engines. None of your pics work with E3.02.

I don't even like Michael Schumacher, but the more they try and reign him in the more he whips 'em.