Koni/Bilstein struts backordered

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck! I'm going through this hunt myself and have uncovered an unpleasant reality of some online parts houses. Unless you verify "I have it in my hands" with a human, they don't actually have the

I recently went through the bilstein/koni dance.  Multiple suppliers claimed in stock, only to be disappointed.  Jeff at IE actually had one front HD and a good front used HD and hooked me up.  Much a

GOT IT!!!!  

Posted Images

Good luck! I'm going through this hunt myself and have uncovered an unpleasant reality of some online parts houses. Unless you verify "I have it in my hands" with a human, they don't actually have the stuff, but will take your money anyway and make you fight to get it back.

Despite an ad that says "in stock" next to the Bilsteins, despite all the appropriate emails saying "we have your order, we're processing it, we love you...", despite the immediate charge popping up on PayPal, I then get an email same day saying "we tried really hard but we have to cancel your order" and then nothing. I am 5 emails in and am getting the "5 business days to process your refund" pitch. It took them 90 seconds to GET the money, why should it take weeks to put it back?

One outfit shipped the springs I ordered with shocks and acted like end of September for the shocks was fine and kept all the money. I have emailed them several times cancelling the shocks part and asking for a refund and they're dragging their feet. 

WTF? Who does business like this?

• Like 2

BB8?

That's a robot.  A fake movie robot, even.

Bils sports are the same length as all other Bils 2002 strut inserts/ rear shocks,  (too long)  just stiffer. Especially in compression.

Directly opposite to e30s, which have the same damping and different length.

Koni was a Dutch company last I bought their stuff (2014)- has that changed?

(hmm- "an ITT company"...)

t

2 hours ago, TobyB said:

BB8?

That's a robot.  A fake movie robot, even.

Bils sports are the same length as all other Bils 2002 strut inserts/ rear shocks,  (too long)  just stiffer. Especially in compression.

Directly opposite to e30s, which have the same damping and different length.

Koni was a Dutch company last I bought their stuff (2014)- has that changed?

(hmm- "an ITT company"...)

t

In The Netherlands a lot of people still buy Koni over Bilsteins claiming bilstein is too stir for a daily driver. I have no clue if that makes sense but that's what I heard.

Myself I wanted to buy Koni actually, but I would go for Bilstein as well. Planning on doing the coilover conversion with any of them in 2 months or so.

JP