Stems

Fitting fender flares

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm in the middle of fitting a turbo air dam and fender flares (all from Ireland Engineering).

The air dam is on and looks pretty good, the issue I have is with the flares.  Looking at pictures of other installs it seems like everyone's flares extend out to the far edge of the air dam "tip", while mine are coming up short.

Any advice?

-stems

IMG_20180707_191627.thumb.jpg.c886e4e6411bf2b4e2cd42a846025410.jpg

IMG_20180707_191644.thumb.jpg.1870d047a555fbda3e8d4969a717efba.jpg

Everything looks about correct. Not sure about the height of the air dam in the front. You could try bringing the flares down a touch. 

Also remember: the front air dam is an exact copy of a factory turbo part whereas the flares are slightly different than OEM. You can trim that bit of extra meat on air dam to contour the flares a bit better.

also note: you can “pinch” the flares at the bottom to have them pop out more, or spread them and they will sit more flat. 

just did this install myself and it turned out OK. Sorry i dont have a better photo and the flares and air dam are already back off the car for paint. 

4C8A39BE-442A-44CE-8A17-60C22AC313FA.jpeg

You've got 2 fronts and 2 rears and they're in the right place, correct?

Is it possible that your airdam is too low? 

Thanks for all the ideas.

After looking at my own pics and 02Traditions suggestion to lower them a little, I tried that.

They look pretty good now. 

When I first mounted them I was hesitant to cut much off the end of the flare.  The profile of the flare at the very end is skinnier, so I think that was the main cause of my issues.