• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cannucks or anyone for that matter........ factory wiring re

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Want to replace all the wiring in the '02 or most of the chewed up cosmetically unpleasing junk. Where can I source out rolls of color coded wire to match the factory wiring colors............. or is this a mission impossible or mucho expensive????

Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.

Guest Anonymous

You may be surprised at what good wire costs, though. At least all of the wiring is low voltage. Building my guitar amp, where the wiring had to be good for 500V AC and high temperatures, the wiring ended up costing considerably more than I bargained for.

Guest Anonymous

Well, i am an automotive electronic engineer and i have played all my life with car electricity/electronics. One thing i know for sure, i wouldnt never do my own wiring harness from scratch, if i can buy a decent used one. That is not lasyness, just a no-waste of time and potentialy source of error/mistakes/problems.

On the other hand, i did many custom wiring harnesses for racwe purposes, that is totaly a different game then...any electronic suppliers can sell wires, even Home depot, Canadian Tire, Car quest,...

Pat Allen

Guest Anonymous

When I was installing a 320i fuel injection system on one of my 02s, I was surprised to find many of the color codes were the same for both cars.

Do you really need an entire harness, or just repairing/upgrading an existing one. Do some searches for Hot Rod wiring. There are many vendors out there that sell complete harnesses.