• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I may have Found "THE BEST" Custom Lisc. P

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How about making the front plate match your rear plate with the 1st two letters being the State designator?

Eg. WA - XXX999

Of course some of you have seen my solution to the (2) plate rule, folded down low profile front plate, looks a lot better IMHO, and the fuzz hasn't given me any grief about it yet....

----------

BigDog

'76 2002

Guest Anonymous

I was looking at the Texas vintage plates and thought of using current plate (customized of course) and then putting a vintage-71 plate up front that matches the rear plate... Not exactly German looking but it reflects the year of the car.

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.europeanplates.com/

I have purchased from EuropeanPlates.com with decent success. Although WA is a 2-plate state, one plate is OK for historic vehicles. I don't have the historic plates, but a friend of mine who is a seattle cop has told me that it is doubtful I will be ticketed with a '72... Since I have already been pulled over for speeding (another story) with the "Faux German" plate on the front without one comment from the Officer, I feel pretty comfortable keeping them on. ...now about that speeding ticket...

Cheers,

Jack

Guest Anonymous

are mounting the front plate at a slight angle so it is not such a billboard. Or mount it on hinges so that at speed it swings backwards.

In looking at restoring my California Blue plates, there are companies that make new aluminum plates with your numbers, but they all stress that these are for show only, not street use. Restoration runs around $40-60 per plate. This is one cost I will factor in when I finally do get the tii repainted.

Guest Anonymous

WI is a 2 plate state as well. Never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it, but never asked anyone either.

Chuck

Guest Anonymous

That's why I wouldn't go out of my way to add a vanity plate up front in a 1-plate state.

Enjoy the clean line.