• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The saga of a "peachy" little 70 Colorado....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Post suspension.JPG

URL: http://www.seamsperfect.ca

Hey Dubois/tman,

Your car made it safely to my place tonight, and with only a minor (almost major) hiccup.

Picking it up at tman's in-law's house:

DSCF0004.JPG

Cheap gas in Abbotsford(76.9/L). That's me filling up the Colorado, and Kirin driving my Sahara.

DSCF0010.JPG

Someone PLEASE tell me why I'm smiling. With the exhaust fumes, toasted carb, and the lack of brakes, I should be fearing for my life! Oh, must be the fumes...

DSCF0016.JPG

Driving into a perfect BC sunset. Life is great!

DSCF0020.JPG

All was well until I tried to pull into a BIG intersection, with traffic streaming towards it, and the car died! I barely got it through the intersection, and managed to pull it into the gas station in first gear, using the starter motor. narrow escape!

Further investigation quickly revealed the source of the stall.

DSCF0022.JPG

Yup, that's a busted ignition rotor! Probably didn't help that the dizzy cap was wrong, and didn't clip on the dizzy worth a damn. We were only 10 minutes from my shop, so we cruised over, grabbed a new/used cap and rotor, and carried on. Not sure who "tuned" it up, but for an FYI, the cap should fit the dizzy with a solid notch! Oh well, we made it, and the car is now sitting in my carport, awaiting it's ride to the train.

Al

Guest Anonymous

It 's amazing it made it to Canada with the wrong cap. I was

almost sure that we picked the one that fit, evidently not. The

old one was in the trunk BTW (probably wrong too)

I am glad everything turned out ok, nothing stops this car, he

wants to get home!

The pictures are great

Michael

Guest Anonymous

I think I now owe you and the other 2 co-horts the first round next time I am in town....or haps I should through the first BC'02 kegger!

Thanks a bunch, Glad it worked out OK,

BTW, Heather could not believe that I was not alone on this planet. She said she could not believe that there were 3 more of me!

Guest Anonymous

I can't believe that at some point this little mango of a car will someday be a firebreathing tire smoking racing monster! It will be GREAT to see.

Glad everyone made it safe, what a great story!

Jason

Guest Anonymous

Post suspension.JPG

As we were driving along, I told Andy that I suspected there was an old cap in the trunk! Never did look, though. My 75 02 coughed up it's cap/rotor for the drive home.

Quite the little rig though, Dubois. Runs great on the highway, but I sure didn't enjoy heel and toe with the Frigiking unit, and my work boots on! Not an easy task.

Al

Guest Anonymous

Post suspension.JPG

Kirin is a 17 year old guy who owns the 62 Bug in my shop. We're trying to bring him over to the 02 dark side, and al of my brain washing is starting to work. Letting him drive my 38/38, Scheel seat, Koni shock wearing beasty sealed the deal for him I think! Anyone wanna buy a buy a Bug? Andy just came along for fun.

Your in-laws are very nice folks. Quite insitent that the best part of Anthony Kalcounis is his other half!

Al

Guest Anonymous

check the motor mounts.

If the driver's side is separated, the motor will flop, whack the dizzy, and the cap and/or rotor will break.

I went thru the same thing with the Atlantik...

fwiw,

t

Guest Anonymous

Post suspension.JPG

The mounts are so sloppy that you can watch the shifter bounce up and down, and hear a nasty little clunk under the car from time to time. I'm driving it to the train, and then it's on to Calgary for Anthony to worry about!

Al