• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Weber 2 barrel conversion

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

What would I need to upgrade to a weber 2 barrel carb besides the carb itself? What is the best source for an intake manifold (I assume I will need one of those too but if I am wrong, let me know). Ok, that was two questions.

btw... it is a 71 '02

Thanks, this board is a great resource!

Guest Anonymous

Depends on what you have in your car now; single barrel vs. dual barrel. If single barrel, then you will need to change a few things, the intake manifold (very easy to find from later 2002's), a few heater hoses and ofcourse the carb. If dual barrel, then you are pretty much set to go. Get a 38/38 weber (through this FAQ board Sale page). As far as what type of carb, I would go with an electric choke. The water choke requires you to do some more work, as in adding water hose from the block to the carb then to the block again. Manual choke, you can live with it, but electric choke is just a matter of adding a switched wire to the carb which might even exist for your car. Read some more on this board's search page and always always a good reference is the roadfly search page (not the actual board). You can purchase all this stuff almost anywhere, but do yourself a favor and help the 2002faq board out and order through them.

Good Luck