• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brakes done today on my '69 2000..idle now rises when braki

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

first I can hear a hiss sound when braking and the idle rises a bit, didn't do this prior to the new pads/rotors and shoes. Is the booster on it's way out? I'll check for vacuum leaks in the booster/master cylinder area but am thinking the booster is going, any ideas? thanks,

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000

Guest Anonymous

Post suspension.JPG

URL: http://www.seamsperfect.ca

That will isolate the booster, and tell you if it is the cause.

My 02 does a similar thing. When I press very hard on the brakes, and then let off, the engine shudders, and the idle fluctuates for a second or 2. Haven't bothered to diagnose it yet, but I suspect the booster hose is at fault.

Al

Guest Anonymous

Shouldn't the 1-way sucker valve thingy in between the booster and the manifold keep this from happening? Do these ever fail? I suppose if it were in bassackwards, you'd get noticibly less boost?

-----------

BigDog

'76 2002

Guest Anonymous

it's the correct type, I bought a meter of it 2 years ago from Bimmer Parts Co., replaced the booster hose on my 2002 back then and used some of the left over for the '69 2000. I'll check connections as well,

Tim.

Guest Anonymous

instead of connected to the booster hose. Could new brake pads/shoes have blown out the seals? strange, just started doing this after the new brakes were put in. Wwll, I did drive the '74 2002 for a bit today and it felt great, thanks for the input so far guys,

Tim.

Guest Anonymous

over at La Jolla Independent, he told me the diaphragm inside has gone bad, time to look for a brake booster for the '69 2000, anyone know if it's the same as the 2002 brake booster?

Tim.

Guest Anonymous

I couldn't determine on the HTK. My '72 parts book shows 34 33 1 103 343 & 345 for the 2000/69. Might be '02 or may be E3 (Bavaria).

Guest Anonymous

that is the 2002 brake booster and my '69 2000 brake booster., I talked with Carl a bit earlier, he rebuilds them so I'll see what he gets for one. Time to drive the '02 anyhow, been driving the 2000 for 2 weeks straight now. I took the '74 2002 out today for a drive, nice to listen to tunes in the Alpine CD unit that's in the 2002, that Becker radio in the 2000 is ok but bad reception at times. Well, at least the '69 2000 has new brakes all around now, will have a good booster in a bit.

Tim.