Chippy

Stolen 02' - Boulder, CO

54 posts / 5133 viewsLast Reply

Hooray!  Way too often these thefts don't have a happy ending. 

If you have comprehensive insurance on the car, it should cover cost of repairs, and AFAIK front bumper pieces are still available from BMW.   And if not, I know a good shop in Knoxville TN that specializes in straightening and replating vintage car bumpers.

cheers--and thanks to the cops.

mike

So glad this incident had a positive outcome, and was recovered intact (minus the damage, sorry).   Most of the time the car is never to be seen again.  Kill switches can also work, (hidden of course), unless the @SSholes tow it.

Matt

(edited)

dumb and dumber....

"Hey lets drive this stolen classic car across multiple state lines to make sure we qualify for Grand Theft Auto and the bonus 3 years in Con College....and not the slap on the wrist misdemeanor of 'Joy Riding'"

The post(s) about panhandling next to the pot store are classics!

# got the buds dude?..lets roll!

Edited by iinca
  • Like 1

Waldo and Sunshine: Part 1. 

Waldo(w): Dude, I am bummed we can't follow our favorite band on their tour this year my Gremlin is dead. Something about changing the oil or something.. 

Sunshine(s): Ya..

w: Hey, there's a car over there, it looks kinda old, I bet no one would miss it. 

s: Ya

w: We should take it, No one could bust us, cuz we are following the dream man...It's like people will cheer us on! 

s: Ya

w: Dude, I saw how to hotwire these things somewhere, I will get it started and you drive kay? 

s: ya

w: Got it going dude! We are on our way! You know how to drive a stick? 

s: Uhhh...ya

w: Well come on! let's do it dude! 

s: Hey, Wally, What's a stick?

A cheap deterrent is to remove the distributor rotor when you park it, it only takes a few minutes and the thieves will give up if they try to start the vehicle. If they use a tow truck, then hidden GPS is the answer.

I'm glad you got your car back!
It seems like it would be to easy to chop one of these cars up for parts. I'm glad it was stoners and not professional criminals.
This has really got me thinking about installing a kill switch.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

(edited)

maybe it was going for it's last drive before being delivered to 'Denver tii' for 

surgery...

Edited by iinca

Glad it's home. Another story to add to it's history.

Sad thing- could have been a totally different story:

Imagine an 02 filling up at the gas station.

Waldo: Dude, such a cool car!

Sunshine: Ya.

02er: Thanks.

Waldo: I wish we had a cool ride like this to go hit all the fests this summer. 

Sunshine: ya

02er: (putting gas cap on) Get in. Which way we going first?

3 hours ago, Stevenc22 said:

If you get a bluetooth 123 distributor, you can turn on the immobilizer from the app any time you are leaving the car parked.

Sure does give piece of mind don't it. I no longer worry about my car when I leave it at the airport or when going diving/beach etc whereas before I'd get a bit of anxiety, never really relaxing.