• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

any opinions on these wiring harnesses?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.painlessperformance.com/harness1.htm

Painless Performance (follow link) sells universal wiring harnesses for about 259 at Summit (looking at the 12-circuit model). They look pretty good. The main harness covers all the basic stuff, plus you can get smaller add-on harnesses for adding accessories later down the road.

the other option is to lay out my wiring harness on the garage floor and make a "clone"...My wiring is brittle, decayed, and chewed through in numerous places by mice.

thanks for the input!

Guest Anonymous

...I have it down to a rolling shell minus some interior pieces (dash), the glass and....the wiring

*shudders*

Guest Anonymous

go with this one - "" the other option is to lay out my wiring harness on the garage floor and make a "clone"...

the color coding for American cars is totally wrong for your Euro DIN wiring color coding.

Simply buy same color rolls of wire to match all your colors, lay your original harness out on a board , secured , and , cut , solder & heat shrink wrap all your splices , and use your original plug end , new 'eye' terminals where needd, and be done.

OR

Contact 2002AD for a 'sound,clean, non-chewed' used harness and maybe save yourself much labor.

Don't waste your money on a 'generic' bundle of snakes.

Guest Anonymous

ah well...I'll have soemthing to do on rainy days now. So wheres a good place to get the wire that I'll need? (matching original colors and what-not)

Guest Anonymous

the universal harness replaces all the original stuff, so theres no need to fuss with matching new & old wires. Also, the same company sells relays of all sorts that work with the universal harness. Personally I think it'll work just fine. The wires and fusebox are also labeled like crazy and uses the newer style fuses as well--mayble I'll be the guinea pig...

Guest Anonymous

1. Making sure turn signal switch works with harness.

2. Heater fan control.

3. Gauges (using aftermarket gauges would probably be needed).

4. Ignition switch.

5. Adapting dash switches, as well.

I think it's very do-able, it is something I would consider if I build-up another 2002.

Guest Anonymous

...(Like the ignition switch for example) should it not "match up" with the universal harness, I can do that part separately, or just "clone" that small component. And which gauges were you refferring too? the tach, fuel, temp, etc?

I think the fuel sender/gauge will be fine...actually, all those gauges operate on someone isolated circuits (or at least, they can).