SydneyTii

What is it about 13" wheels

40 posts in this topic Last Reply

15 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

Decisions decision😂😂😂

7D606CFB-2F74-4B2F-8E3B-7AAEE72909A5.jpeg

I actually like the radial spoke guys.

I've got the baskets on the m2, because they came with the car.  But the whole thing looks a little rough, and no center caps.  (Had a guy walk past it at the C and C we went to a couple of weeks ago- he says, while he's looking at my car,"Sure are a lot of low budget cars here.") YWMV.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, irdave said:

(Had a guy walk past it at the C and C we went to a couple of weeks ago- he says, while he's looking at my car,"Sure are a lot of low budget cars here.")

Was that before or after you were standing on the trunk lid while I was looking to find you.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Conserv said:

+1

Thank you, Andrew,

And the XAS, although only available in the ‘02’s factory 165HR13 size, is certainly a premium tire as well.

Best regards,

Steve

ooh, how could I forget the XAS? My 02 is sitting on a set right now, I view them as my cruising tires because their absolute grip is limited by the tire width. They are definitely premium....

My bad,

Andrew

• Like 1

AS far as cleaning basket weave, I've always just sprayed  simple green degreaser on them, then used a power washer. 

18 minutes ago, rcf925 said:

AS far as cleaning basket weave, I've always just sprayed  simple green degreaser on them, then used a power washer. 

Power washer for the win! It makes things very easy.

My second line of defense is using these guys -    https://www.autogeek.net/wheel-woolies.html

Best brushes ever!

2 hours ago, jimk said:

Was that before or after you were standing on the trunk lid while I was looking to find you.

You found me, didn't you?  :)

And well after.  And I'm not faulting him.  In reality, it does kinda' look like a POS.

14 hours ago, Chris_B said:

Here is one the shows the wheels.

right_front.jpg

Well your wheels are certainly clean!

I remember something like this years ago, seems like a sensible idea, its not like at my geriatric speeds i'm going to need brake cooling :-)

8 hours ago, mlytle said:

been there, used that.   does a fair job, but still requires elbow grease.

Oh boy mlytle you reallllly don't like cleaning them :-) 

I get it, some days i just think there has to be an easier way........ but then the little bastards just look soooo nice! :D

Think I will get tyres for the Octavo's anyway, that way I can alternate.

Steve the BWA's are still in the shed :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, SydneyTii said:

Oh boy mlytle you reallllly don't like cleaning them 🙂

I get it, some days i just think there has to be an easier way........ but then the little bastards just look soooo nice! :D

correct!  I actually use the brakes hard...a lot.  hate cleaning brake dust off.  there is a reason i have M-Contour wheels on my E36 M3 and E46 touring and RB's and Kosei's for my M2...EZ TO CLEAN!  will be looking for another set of M-Contour's for my E30 M3.

Edited by mlytle
  • Like 1