• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOT: opinions on Yokohama AVS ES100

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anyone have anything to say about them good or bad? I've always had Yokes, but this is for the wife's 323Ci and she's not as aggressive a driver as me. Needs to be good in rain, not too much noise, or require too long a warm-up cycle. They don't make the AVID series in 225/45/17.

Guest Anonymous

...what about going with 215/50-17s?

I have no experience with and Yokos, but they make the Avid V4s in 215/50s for $101 a pop from the Tire Rack. All-season, 500 treadwear rating, and the narrower tread might even save some on gas mileage. According to calculations, they should be within 2% of the stock size, well within acceptable speedo error. If she doesn't drive very aggressively, she'll probably never notice, and you won't need a separate set of winter treads. 'Course, if you're in SoCal where it's always 70 and sunny, that may not be a concern.

And the Sumitomo HTR+ would give you "ultra-high performance" all-seasons in the stock size for only $90 a tire. I've had good luck with my Sumitomo HTR-200s on my '02.

Just some thoughts from left field...

-Dave

Colorado '71, oddball tire size of 185/65-14

Guest Anonymous

OCSignature.jpg

I didn't pay attention to your name when I posted, but of course I remember you and your car from Canaan Valley last year.

Anyway, all-seasons are certainly a good idea, unless you already have dedicated snows. Just my '02 cents.

-Dave

Guest Anonymous

They are exceptionally quiet, all season, and handle very well. My first set went about 35K miles.

Regards,

John N