• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare score! Original window sticker

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I bought a '72 tii off ebay a few weeks ago for $910, and I thought that was pretty good considering the lack of rust and a smooth running engine.

The seller mentioned he had some paperwork for the car at his other residence, and he would send it to me if he could find it. Well, I didn't receive anything, so I sent him a followup request via email. A week later he answered that he had the paperwork and I could pick it up. I picked it up last night, and it was a folder about 3/4 of an inch thick. Among other things, it had an owners's hand book and lots of maintenance records. It had a copy of the original title. But....., the crown jewel was a plastic folder that contained the original window stickers!! One is the Hoffman Motors Corp. sticker with all the info on the car, and the other is the dealer's reconcilliation sticker with the total price of $4,609.70

The Hoffman sticker shows it was delivered new to Auto World in Fort Wayne, Indiana The suggested retail price was $4,286. It had three extra cost options: Reclining Seats - $45.00, SKAI Upholstery (anybody know what that is?) -$45.00, and Anti Freeze -$3.55

Although sold in Ft. Wayne it was first registered in Shreveport, LA. The owner evidently move to the Atlanta, GA area shortly thereafter and it has gone through a few owners here since.

Guest Anonymous

and the only record of it is the original pink slip and the Frigiking warranty card. Was in the Charlotte NC area from then until I bought it last year.

Guest Anonymous

Tommy got a GA title in '73 after he registered it in LA in '73. He actually bought a '72 in '73. Looks like he sold the car to a William Sprayberry in Marietta, GA in 1988, or at least Sprayberry got a GA title in '88.

Guest Anonymous

You may find references to "skai" vinyl on anything from notebooks to floor covering to car upholstery, and it refers to a grading system of manufactured vinyls for commercial usage. Thickness, wearabilty, and flammability are all considered, as is the manufacturing process itself.

It's also a registered trade name, making it all the more confusing.

...as any "Goth" with a PVC/vinyl fetish would know...

...or recent Interior Design graduate.

:)

Delia