• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE! Massive 2002 parts garage sale

Teelinger

Way to go PNW! Kudos to all that came in bought stuff. You really came through to help Cathy and her family. THANK YOU!

Cheers, James

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

2 hours ago, Jam3422 said:

James - thanks to you, Nathan, and Bill. 

Hear hear - I’ll second that. You all did an excellent job shepherding the whole process, were incredibly fair to all, and got a good nest egg for Cathy. I was constantly amazed by the arcane knowledge of the differences between all the different bits.

1987 E28 535is -- Buttercup

1974 2002tii -- Pretty Penny

1994 E34 M5 -- Horehund

2001 E36/7 M Roadster -- Shaggy

5 hours ago, bluebmw said:

I bought a pair of early front bumper overriders, but it ended up being two of one side. Anyone grab the other one(s)?

Bill might have the other. I think he was going to look.

• Like 1

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I'd also like to thank everyone who came out. Was a fantastic sale and really helped Cathy and her family. Thanks for buying parts and having Cathy's husband live on in all of our cars!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

5 hours ago, Teelinger said:

Way to go PNW! Kudos to all that came in bought stuff. You really came through to help Cathy and her family. THANK YOU!

Cheers, James

Hi James!  Thanks again!  I love the interior rear panels that I got and the other little bits.  I'm thinking now that I should have gone for those OEM seat hinges.  Anyway I could stop by next weekend if they have not sold yet?  Or maybe get the name of the Ebay store you guys are going to setup? 

Thanks, Rich.

Rich Elliott >> 1970 BMW 2002 >> a.k.a. LowKeyBuilds

>> CLICK HERE to check out and subscribe my build progress on YouTube! 

>> CLICK HERE to check out and follow my build on Instagram!

lowkey-60.png.f37d29a345edd0b40683374af6de942c.png

11 hours ago, roadhog0 said:

Bill might have the other. I think he was going to look.

I checked the pair I bought and they are left/right, so I can't help.  I wish I could remember how many pair we had before the sale started.  I seems unlikely Andy would have bought two of the same side based on all the other things we saw while setting up.

I'll add my thanks to everyone who came out for this event.  The PNW 02 group really stepped up to help Cathy and her family.

Edited by bimbill

Bill 

1973 3.0 CS Nachtblau

1970 2002 Chamonix

1965 1800 Chamonix

I posted this on the other thread but am doing it here as well:

Hey Guys and Gals,

We're  going to take a little bit of a break after the garage sale. We've been at this non stop for a couple of weeks to prep for it. Once we've had a chance to rest and regroup,  we're going to take inventory of what's left and can let folks know what next steps are. To be clear: PARTS SALES ARE ON HOLD.

In the short term we ask the following:

Please respect the privacy of the family and do not reach out to them directly. They've got other things they are dealing with.

No more requests. Please ?

There are not any plans at this time to place items up on eBay, so please be patient and we'll get back to you guys soon.

Thanks again for everyone's interest and generosity.

Cheers, James

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors