Teelinger

UPDATE! Massive 2002 parts garage sale

29 posts / 1870 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Hey PNW,

We've got an update for the remaining parts. 

Connor at Vintage Autobahn has graciously offered to help Cathy and her family liquidate the remaining lot of parts. There's still a ton of NLA, NOS, and rare early pre 1970 2002/1600 parts available - literally boxes and boxes of stuff. Each sale will continue to help Cathy and her family, so get after it!

Please direct all further parts inquiries directly to Conner at [email protected] or www.VintageAutobahn.com.

Also, please be respectful of the family's privacy and do not contact the family directly. Last, Nathan, aka Roadhog, and I are handing the reins over to Connor as well. So no need to reach out to us either. 😉

Again, thank you to all that have been so gracious to buy parts to help Cathy and her family.

James

------

Hello PNW 2002 Owners!

On June 10th there is going to be the mother of all 2002 parts garage sale. Please save the date to come to Edmonds to buy what you want and help a family in need. See story below. Location,  times and ground rules to be sent out shortly before the date.

Boxes and boxes of used, NOS and NLA 2002 parts will be going up for sale and we want to make sure you have the opportunity to get in on the action before the lot goes up for sale publicly. Literally hundreds of parts like multiple sets of NOS early grills and bumpers, NOS 3 piece dashes, a CR steering box, NOS oil pumps, 2 complete 67 and 68 1602 parts cars, hard to find trim pieces, rare NOS steering wheels, etc. The list goes on and on. Most of the parts are for early roundie 02s.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/prQqYuxVP3kjoTBo1

Back story:

The 'hoard' belongs to Cathy and due to the recent passing of her husband Andy, she needs to liquidate it all to settle her estate and sell her house. Andy was a 2002 enthusiast who over the years collected parts to restore 2 very early 1602 BMWs. It turns out his passion turned into a bit of an obsession and decades later, Cathy is left with a half completed remodeled house that is literally full of boxes of parts. A few of us found out about the parts and came to check them out, but when we saw the volume of parts, the disarray, and how overwhelmed Cathy was, we jumped right in to help her out. We've helped her identify, organize and value the parts, and Cathy and her children have done an incredible job of cataloging them. Now we're going to help her run the garage sale. She needs to clear out the parts in the house so it can go up for sale. 

So help us, to help you, to help her!

Details to come. Hope to see you there.

James

Edited by Teelinger
  • Like 2

For those of you who don't open the pdf 😆...

7926 203rd St. SW Edmonds, WA 98206
Sunday, June 10th, 2018
9am to 3pm
Please join us to find the parts you’ve been looking for and help out a great family in need. Let’s show Cathy what the 2002 community is all about.

NO early birds - doors will open to the public at 9am, no access will be given prior to the sale.
Cash only. Offers negotiated on a per part basis. 
No returns. No warranty stated or implied. All parts sold as is, where is. 
No holds. All parts sold on a first come, first served basis.

Can someone please post this on any local social channels? I don't do Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks, James

been there, done that, there is (was) a lot of stuff, some unique items and fortunately there was a lot of BWM community folks there helping out. MUD FLAPs ! (I didn't buy any), but I did buy these, aluminum sill plates (option?) or NOS ?, and a couple of door brakes, mostly earlier stuff, no some much square stuff.

20180610_144426.jpg

19 minutes ago, Russell74Fjord said:

been there, done that, there is (was) a lot of stuff, some unique items and fortunately there was a lot of BWM community folks there helping out. MUD FLAPs ! (I didn't buy any), but I did buy these, aluminum sill plates (option?) or NOS ?, and a couple of door brakes, mostly earlier stuff, no some much square stuff.

20180610_144426.jpg

I believe they were an option, as my car had them when purchased..... oddly enough came with a set of flaps too. I guess the PO decided for a few add ons.

Here was my find of the day......interesting, never seen one before. Now to figure where it is supposed to go!IMG_1204.JPG.01df64e68557f26403441f16cc808f82.JPG

I bought a pair of early front bumper overriders, but it ended up being two of one side. Anyone grab the other one(s)?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.