• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removable Nose Panel

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

carageoverview.jpg

So I was searching the archives and found some treads on replacing nose panels. Good stuff. Thanks to RobS for posting the detailed photo of the spot weld areas. I haven't started taking the nose apart, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Now that I'm going to replace the nose, I'm going to make it an M20 hot rod. I know that Tomi in Finland that made a removable nose panel and it looks really clean. Has anyone state side done this for a street car? Wasn't there an 02 with a M6 motor that had a removable nose panel? At any rate I want to consider all options before I start.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Evan

Guest Anonymous

One thing to keep in mind, its not really feasible without going to a pinned hood (no hinges at all). I didn't want to pin my steel hood, so eventually when I have the cash and get a composite unit, then I'll probably take another look at the nose.

Matt

Guest Anonymous

responding and giving me the link to your site. Your 02 racer looks heavily modified, in all ways. do you have more photos of the nose section? would it be cool if i could see how you set up your radiator and nose to the body? i can see some of what you've done on the photo, but i've never done any body work and the more details I can see the better. if not no worries.

i'm looking forward to pulling off the old wrecked nose and finding an M20 to replace the M10.

Thanks again for the suggestions and photo.

Cheers,

Evan