• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID this big brake set up

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4133001&uid=707496&members=1

Checked search and found so many listings I got dizzy. Found these on parts car I bought. Struts are believed to be tii as caliper bolts are 3.50 inches apart. Ate vented calipers with vented rotors. From search I believe they are 323 vented rotors with 528 calipers . ??? Any help appreciated.

Guest Anonymous

51289025.jpg

They are not 323 rotors and hub. They look like Tii/Turbo hubs with Turbo rotors and wie calipers (same as 528i or early 6 series, or Turbo).

Guest Anonymous

if they are a little malleable, like solid gold, then they're A L P I N A . . . . ;)

-Rob (has heard of alpina-brake owners NOT using their brakes just so as to not wear out the NLA rotors ;))

Guest Anonymous

I'm sorry but the picture isn't very clear... does this caliper have one or two brake lines going into it? Also how many bleed nipples does it have & how many pistons?

WH

Guest Anonymous

hmm the alpina and turbo setup looks similiar,

but there are differences between the two.

first mark:

the alpina setup doesn't enlarge the wheel width with 2cm(0, 85 inch) cause of alpina uses the hubs from the ti and tii.

the turbo setup has special hubs who enlarge the width.

second mark:

the cooling ribs on the rotor from an alpina rotor are straight(flat at the outsidearch)

tubo rotors, (have ribs who are a bit bended in at the arch)

but be aware, if you have alpina setup,

because you can't get new alpina rotors.

the don't make any more.

turbo rotors they still make.

so if you want a big brake setup choose for

the turbo setup,volvo setup are the 323i setup.

i hope i'll helped you out.

but if you have still questions, send me an mail then.

greets,

Tom