PDWebb

What did you do to your NK this week?

155 posts / 16227 viewsLast Reply

2 hours ago, brbrian73 said:

This is exciting! I can't imagine how you must feel!

I am certainly ready to put the final touches on the ca, Brian.  Most everyone knows the backstory with Papa...losing him last year really took the wind out of my sails.  Some days were very difficult to motivate myself to work on the car but here we are very close to putting those last pieces together.

The engine runs so beautifully, the new 5 speed is like butter, everything is so clean and shiny... I know it is going to be a glorious car.  I am very grateful to number of fine folks who have helped me. In a few short weeks it will be on the road... it hardly seems real.

Ed 

• Like 1

(edited)

NOS Bakelite distributor cap to replace the ghastly orange version I was forced to buy last year when the original one died of old age.

NOS NK windshield washer nozzles to replace ‘02 versions I’d been using - only took 9 years to find lol

NOS USA tail lights now match exactly for the first time since I bought the car in 2010!

90AAB763-784E-4EBA-AFDB-81F8BFFA4A9D.jpeg

C7CD7339-B99B-4A12-B253-EFD0BA7C2784.jpeg

Edited by kiva667
  • Like 4

What did I do this week? I drove the NK for the first time in a year! Our adventure in France was beyond fantastic but I did miss my cars. It's been busy getting back to reality but I did manage to find time to install Euro rear taillights. 

Brian

IMG_3354.png

IMG_3357.png

• Like 3

Nice! 

We did some driving as well

E372CBB8-B340-4E89-B84F-F7F134677319.jpeg

AF869C3A-B0B6-49E6-9725-017F05C82B0D.jpeg

• Like 2

These are great updates and welcome home Brian, enjoy the car time. And the Ring, some fun memories there!

Took a few weeks, this week wrapped up a motor swap with a fresher M10. Will make the drive to Monterey next week less smokey! Pulled your original motor Brian, it’s resting on a stand now.

Patrick

You're a busy man, Patrick! Good job on the swap. I wish I was in a position to bring that number matching motor home but that's not in the cards at the moment. 

Enjoy the drive north and bask in the glory of all things Monterey. There are so many cars to see, it's almost overwhelming. Have fun!

Brian

Got the derby 1800 steamed cleaned! 

Super clean undercarriage on this one. Couldn’t snap pics on the rack after cleaning! 

Here are the before pictures 

32CA254D-FB82-45FD-8DCE-E42F0977CC22.jpeg

4C860D21-BB4A-4C43-A20B-3033CEFFE2B0.jpeg

D338E9C0-EB67-4654-A8B8-2EA9DE6255E8.jpeg

B7AB2E7E-3786-4B82-8B45-09B7A75664F4.jpeg

99653D1B-2BB8-4B04-BB3B-A06A6911EC8E.jpeg

• Like 2

waiting for the after pics......

Drove the NK up to Monterey and back for Legends and some time at Laguna Seca! The only hiccup was while leaving Legends on Friday. Great fun spending some time with the NK crew. Hope everyone made it home safely. Looking forward to the next show.

Chris, what might we be able to do to have all the NKs on display at Legends next year? So many people ask about the car and don't even know it was ever made. Would also give a big thumbs up to the history of the car and to the NKs who are racing at Laguna Seca.

My NK in the display area and was great fun checking out #17 in the paddock.

Patrick

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

• Like 2

Patrick,

If enough NK owners signed up (and early enough!) I could talk them into having an NK display on the judged field.  We did this with e12 cars this year but only got five I think.  The other alternative is to pay for a judged NK but don’t have it judged, I love it when that happens, makes our lives easier!

Chris

Thanks Chris, good tips!

Let's all coordinate next year :)

After way too long at the upholstery shop, it’s back in the garage for final fitment. It won’t be long now, at all. Thanks again, to good guy, Barney Toler. 

981F7528-0B5E-4749-A923-2CA98147838D.jpeg.bcffe2fcafaf12f34f60450ff940ab7d.jpeg

C302C0D8-CC6A-4A0A-A320-ACAB6A5ED9DE.thumb.jpeg.e01ff903df5b7bbaaf2058edea8667ab.jpeg

No interior pics for y’all....yet

• Like 1