• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Survey: Accumulating Knowledge on Weber 38DGAS

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anyone who has a Weber 38DGAS on their '02, can we collect jetting info? Post as response here? My stock engine with an out of the box '38 runs great but I may be running rich, as my fuel mileage is only 19 highway. It did pass smog test, less than 400 ppm HC at idle.

Idle jets seem to be just right, as I get best idle with best vacuum at about 3/4 turn from bottom (all the way in).

Guest Anonymous

72veronatrunkboardsinstalled2.jpg

Air correctors - 160

Mains - 140

Idle - Didn't look

Sits on top of a tired stock motor, with fresh head. TONS of torque, and pulls willingly to redline. Has a little dead spot on tip in, and a flat spot when you stand on it at 3000rpm. The tip in dead spot was there with my CD jetted 32/36 as well, so I suspect it may be ignition.

Al

Guest Anonymous

I have 55's in my '74 2002, mains are unchanged and air. corr.'s are unchanged. I went to 55's due to the rebuilt engine in my 2002 has the 292 cam and 9.5:1 compression, with the stock 45 mains I was 4 turns out each mixture screw for best idle, with 55's the screws are 1.5 turns out.

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000..original car, a solexing we'll go!!

Guest Anonymous

72veronatrunkboardsinstalled2.jpg

As mine is only about 1 turn out on both screws. Idle is incredible. My 32/36 had a vacuum leak at the base gasket for a few weeks now, so the new carb is such a HUGE change!

Al

Guest Anonymous

nose.jpg

and my mains are 150 and the air correctors are 185 on a stock

kinda tired engine w/ crane ignition and headers. it definetly runs

rich but pulls strong so i am living with it now anyways. switching

to a hotter ignition and spark plug helped the fouling a lot.

mike

Guest Anonymous

All others remain the same

larger main has removed the 'bog' below 3k RPM

It does make low RPM running on a cold start lumpy for the first couple of minutes. This goes away before temp needle leaves the blue zone'

Gas mileage has, erm 'changed' somewhat for the worse...

Guest Anonymous

runs pretty well with 55 idles

160 airs

140 or 145 mains

'stock' f2 emulsions and whatever aux venturi comes with it...

fwiw,

t

Guest Anonymous

I got mine from Maximillian about 2 years ago.

Stock '76 motor, 145K miles.

To help a stumble at low rpm around the neighborhood, I went up a size on the idle jets. It helped a little.

Still needs work to be optimum. I usually run with the manual choke pulled out 1/8" - 1/4", which helps around town.

On the highway it runs great without any choke.

I really think that its too big a carb for a stock motor, not enough airflow through it at non-highway speeds.

Runs rich, smells very "fuely," even after optimal adjustments by independent shop.

Weber 38DGES

Manual Choke kit installed

50 idles, 142 mains, 185 airs

Crane XR700 ignition