• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey DHS and Bobinokc

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Do you have any more pics of your cage fabbing, that shows your 'floor cutting' for dropping the cage? I feel like an idiot now, as I'm sure thats 'general practice', but that didn't even cross my mind!

thx

Matt

Guest Anonymous

Just get a hole saw bigger than tubing dia, and make the required cuts.

When you are done, the mounting plates cover the hole on top of the floor, and it's best if you weld from the underside of the floor to tie the hole perimeter to the bottom of the plate (also seals out water intrusion).

Dropping the cage down allows the best access to get complete welds in the tight spots, which is something a good tech inspector will know to review when you first get the logbook & cage stamp.

Guest Anonymous

DSC00911.JPG

I did it a little different than most cage installs. I have the hole going through both the shell floor and the actual plate. The plate was welded to the floor and then a hole put though both it and the shell so the hoops actually sticks out under the car.

Link is to the cage pics I have.