• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCA Icon 2002 preview

At the BMW CCA Foundation Museum/HQ in Greer, SC, just across the road from the BMW factory.  If you're going to Vintage, block out Friday 18 May to drive down and visit.

mike

• Thanks 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

5 hours ago, mike said:

At the BMW CCA Foundation Museum/HQ in Greer, SC, just across the road from the BMW factory.  If you're going to Vintage, block out Friday 18 May to drive down and visit.

mike

Great write up in the new Roundel I received today???.  And there is something about the 02 Princess. 

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

7 minutes ago, John_in_VA said:

Do we know the owners of these?

Some are revealed in the Roundel story.  According to the article, Jackie Jouret is doing a book on the cars and owners. Hard bound first, then maybe soft cover edition later. 

Jim Gerock

13 hours ago, John_in_VA said:

Bill Williams touring is there along with Dirk's Condor Yellow cabriolet and Jason Gipson's recently completed car.  Others are mentioned that I've never seen before. There is an M2 also and Rob Siegel's Louie -Agave 72tii.

Roger Bensen's wonderful NK car is also there. I've not seen his car in person yet- only seen it in the Hemings Sports & Exotic magazine.

Edited by jgerock
  • Like 1

Jim Gerock

I miss Sports & Exotic.  When Hemmings snuffed it suddenly, they continued my subscription with their American car magazine.  They do not even include any articles on imports for the S&E orphans they created.  When they said that S&E no longer fit in their plans, I wondered if they heard an anti-import dog whistle on their TV.  Oh well, S&E was a great mag featuring the affordable classics and well done.  Sorry and a bit miffed it's gone.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, John_in_VA said:

The information signs for each car are not ready yet, along with new LED ceiling lighting.  Yale Rachlins 2002, Dirk's cabriolet, the Italian Baur,  ... I took quite a few better quality shots with my Nikon (not potato cam) but can't download/post yet because I'm still on the road for this event.

Nice ICON t-shirts are for sale $25  (1st of 3 style's IIRC) and a beautiful ICON paperbound coffee table book for $50.  tThey also just got paperbound Legends of the Autobahn books in also.

• Thanks 1

76 '02 5spd.  stage2  Kerman build

00 Z3M Coupe

10 328iT ZMP 6spd

Anyone want to organize a caravan down to Greer from the Vintage host hotel (Clarion) for Friday morning?

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Roger Bensen's wonderful NK car is also there

I think that's the NK on the right.  Second shot is the Werk Shop project, Third is ? 

NK and early ones.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

76 '02 5spd.  stage2  Kerman build

00 Z3M Coupe

10 328iT ZMP 6spd

On 5/6/2018 at 8:37 AM, mike said:

Anyone want to organize a caravan down to Greer from the Vintage host hotel (Clarion) for Friday morning?

mike

I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting a group together for that road trip Mike

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

On 5/5/2018 at 9:24 AM, Stevenc22 said:

Obviously Terry Sather owns the m3 to 2002 conversion. Actually M3 subframe with 2002 body panels on it.

Currently owned by Lance White. He bought it from Terry.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40