• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best way to mount an electric fan?(nt)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Feb04_tii_001-392x249.jpg

URL: http://www.geocities.com/karlkarlb/BMW.html

If you use a pusher, then you mount it in front of the radiator (behind grills). If you use a puller, then you mount it behind the radiator (in front of the engine).

Each one will have different mounting techniques. I bought a Flex-Lite pusher fan and mounted it using a combination of the brackets that it came with and some plumbers tape (ick!). I used the stock holes from the standard radiator mounts and just used long bolts to hold the fan and radiator both.

Guest Anonymous

I don't think I can get the radiator in with the fan bolted on.. Plus do I want to damage my new curt ingram radiator?

Guest Anonymous

and run it diaganly across the radiator opening cut out the center of the x so the four fan mounting feet bolt one to each end holding the fan about 1/8" off the radiator I ran a strip of the cheap 1/4"x1/4" foam weather striping between the fan housing and the radiator. It make a suprisingly strong mount

Guest Anonymous

place the fan in before the radiator, mount the radiator, then from the grill side, mount the fan to the rad/or brackets that you design etc

Guest Anonymous

You put a foam pad on the mounting tabs of the fan and then these plastic mounts would push through the radiator and a cap would secure them from the other side.

If you need to remove the fan, you just cut the plastic post. Hayden sells them separately in a kit with the plastic posts/caps, and the foam pads.