• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Al, are you doing trunk carpets? Guy on ebay wants $45, see

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

bought years ago for near 50 bucks, and i have the ebay one in black for 50 bucks. I want Al's integrated board/mat set up. But, for a good quality , precut , trunk mat, 50 bucks seems to be a market price. here are pics.... Bimmperparts grey mat shown, ...... here is the 50 dollar ebay black mat ....standard.jpg.... i think it is inferior to the Bimmerparts one.

Guest Anonymous

72veronatrunkboardsinstalled2.jpg

Including brand new plywood for the bottom boards, pre-wrapped, and wrapped mahogany boards on the sides. $175/set. Not sure if I'll do a trunk mat or not.

The pic above is brand new boards, wrapped in imported trunk liner.

Al

Guest Anonymous

72veronatrunkboardsinstalled2.jpg

On round light 02's, they prevent things from sliding around the trunk, and denting the quarter panels. They are the only line of defense. On later 02's, they have extra trunk floor bracing which does this.

Al

Guest Anonymous

My early '71 didn't have the side boards, and Delia was kind enough to trace a set she had so I could make my own. Unfortunately, the cars that didn't come with the side boards had wider floor boards (with square strips at the outside edges to help some with sliding packages).

So if I want to install my nice new side boards, I have to make new, narrower floor boards as well. I want to do that eventually, maybe with some cheap indoor/outdoor carpeting as a cover, a la Al's kit (but without the quality, of course).

Until then, I'm still using a vinyl-covered piece of foam as a cushion on the driver's side inner quarter panel, which is the most exposed. Some scrap carpet cut to fit the floor (in a funky '70s orange, no less) does help keep stuff from sliding around too much.

-Dave

Colorado '71

Guest Anonymous

Slid on the trunk boards and placed a starburst dent on the rear panel just below the 2002 script. Christened my new paintjob on that car. I now keep everything in plastic or cardboard boxes in all my cars. I also keep a few foam squares to protect the side boards on the tii.

Guest Anonymous

Once had a chainsaw leave a nasty 'from the inside out' dent on a previous car (I'm not going to say what kind out of embarassment), but now everythign in my trunk is secured!

-----------

BigDog

'76 2002

Guest Anonymous

Just make one out of whatever carpet you want. Won't take you more than an hour total to pull the trunk boards, lay them upside down on some carpet, and draw the pattern you need.

Personally, I'd love to order the set from Al, they look SWEET!

------------

BigDog

'76 2002

Guest Anonymous

Simple, inexpensive alternative - drive over to Loews or Home Depot and purchase a few yards of Marine Carpet (Blue or Black are readily available). Cut pattern from boards and area up to rear of seat back. Trim for exact fit.

Guest Anonymous

Pdrm0181.jpg

Ended up getting a coco-mat set as a gift that included a trunk mat. (As an aside, the coco-mats guy said it was the 2nd largest trunk mat they make. The largest is some s-class Benz.) If anyone wants grey Lowe's carpet for a roundie, it's theirs for shipping.