• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent knob and wiper system removal?!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have tried and tried to remove the vent knobs but nothing I try will pop out the center piece. I should probably take a picture to make sure it is even stock, since I can't find any hole in the back of it to access the center piece. I've tried sticking nails behind there and allen wrenches, nothing gets far enough to pop anything out.

OK, and the wiper motor, can I remove it without removing the arms? I can get arms from 2002ad so I really don't care about trying to get them off my parts car, cause they won't.

Guest Anonymous

the hole is there but sometimes it can be difficult to pop with an allen key. If you can find a long allen wrench with an extended head that would work better.

the wiper motor can be removed without the arms. It has 3 bolts on the motor itself (10mm) and one on top of the wiper arm assembly. Most are easy to get to but the one is kind of out of the way but not hard at all.

Guest Anonymous

The hole is hard to feel and a mirror does make finding it easier but even then it is hard to get an allen through it to pop it out. I find a very slim screwdriver right at the edge works fine to pry the center out gently without damage to the knob.