• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spare the kittens!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I tried searching with no luck.

I remember hunting around at work for P/N's for bosch alternators and I had come up with an 85amp unit that supposedly fit onto the 02 brackets and was internally regulated.. Anyone remember that number? I forgot to write the damn thing down.. I belive it was for a 5 series..

Need an answer quickly as I'm slackin at work ;)

Guest Anonymous

AL42X or AL46X or something liket hat...I forget...But I do remember the post you're talking about. If you find out, i'd like to know (even though I just grabbed an alternator and brackets from a 318 the other day).

Guest Anonymous

turns out I wrote it down in my Microsoft word file where I keep bits of information like that :-P

Get an alternator from an 82-85 528e Bosch AL41X

Guest Anonymous

AL41x is a guaranteed bolt on with wiring mods (internal regulator) but I believe it's only 65amp. I'll confirm this tommorow

Guest Anonymous

Damnit! Anyone remember which the 80-85amp Bolt on was? I KNOW it's off a 5 series, I just don't remember which one! 46x? Screw it!

I'm taking the stock alt, and a 41x and any others and putting them side by side tommorow at work, and I'll let everyone know the details!