• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle Pedal Problems

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The drivers-side footwell was rusted to nothing in my '76 '02, so I cut it out and welded in some new sheet metal. The only problem was the throttle pedal mounts. I had to cut out the piece of floor that they were attached to and mount it on the new section with sheet metal screws. But the mounts were so rusty that the ball-ends are much smaller than they ought to be and the gas pedal keeps coming off, and worse, when it comes off the pedal tends to hang up at about 1/2 throttle. So I took of the pedal and drive with just the heavy wire hanger. It's hard to modulate, as it tends to hang on the foot instead of moving freely.

How can I get this setup fixed so my throttle pedal works correctly and controllably?

Guest Anonymous

or is it that the pedal rubber is cracked around the recepticle?...that used to happen to me when I had a pedal with cracks...another pedal was my solution...

Guest Anonymous

is use a black plastic tie to keep the pedal on as a short terms solution - just tighten it real tight around the pedal arm to prevent it from slippin off to the right (which is what I assume gets it stuck half way)...

Guest Anonymous

I'll check out the pedal, but I have examined it and haven't noticed cracks. If it's the pedal I guess I can either get a new one or see what 2002AD has. If it's the rusty ball-ends, I wonder if I can make the pedal retaining sockets smaller with epoxy, or if I'm going to have to replace them. And if I need to replace them - how?

Guest Anonymous

Hope it comes with the roller. Yes, I know I can get that for cheap from dealer. The dealer isn't real convenient to get to from work or home. whine