scottymac

rain gutter moldings

4 posts / 719 viewsLast Reply

Hi,
I've been thinking about substitutes for the rain gutter molding, I have two sets, but both are mangled messes.  What do you think about these Mustang coupe pieces?  They'd be switched left to right and vice versa to fit the profile, but look close.  Mecum has a big auction the middle of May here in Indianapolis, so I should be able to take some measurements before footing the bill.  If there are any car shows near you where you might compare, please let me know what you find. 

https://www.cjponyparts.com/drip-rail-molding-pair-coupe-1965-1968/p/DRM1/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9s6cwNva2gIVjbjACh2RLAukEAQYASABEgLrB_D_BwE

Scott

they look too big to me. I think you can use a 2002 one if you cut them down. . might be worth a try with an old one 

Agreed, they would be too long as supplied, and would need to be shortened on both ends.  My attraction was the arc on both ends looks similar to the 700, though the ends would have to be swapped (Mustang left front to 700 right rear, and so forth). There's a large auction in town week after this, I hope to use Ray's suggestion and make a cardboard pattern of my 700 and see how closely that matches the Mustang.  I'll let you know what I discover.  Just eyeballing it, the '02 doesn't seem to be a very close match on the angles.  Might work for a 700 limo, but the '02 C pillar drops off much more sharply than a 700 coupe.

Scott,

For an alternate template, take one of your mangled mess and straighten it out as best as you can.

Regards, Ray