• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I sold the Mini

Kidasters

I went back and looked at my records.  I bought the Mini in 2009.  In that time, I have put almost zero miles on it.  It's never really run correctly, and it frustrates me that I can't get it to run better.

So, finally - this year I listed it for sale.  After about 2 months on the mini board, and a bunch of tire kickers, I sold it.  It's going to New Hampshire.  New owner is fired up.

It's bittersweet.  On one hand, crazy fun car to drive, and very unique.  On the other - I never got it sorted.

More space will be nice, but I don't like to admit defeat.  

Ken

Edited by Kidasters

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

T minus 2.  Shippers could be here between tomorrow and Saturday.  I need to get the old seats out of the attic and start loading the car full of spare parts.  I don't want to.....

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

All the stuff is in the car, except the extra engine, which wouldn't fit.

Extra seats in the car.

Bin of extra parts.

A ton of engine parts in the trunk.

Sucks.

Sat at home all day waiting for shippers.  No show today.  Tomorrow must be the day.  It's supposed to rain like hell tomorrow.  Figures.

Edited by Kidasters

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

3 hours ago, Kidasters said:

All the stuff is in the car, except the extra engine, which wouldn't fit.

Extra seats in the car.

Bin of extra parts.

A ton of engine parts in the trunk.

Sucks.

Sat at home all day waiting for shippers.  No show today.  Tomorrow must be the day.  It's supposed to rain like hell tomorrow.  Figures.

I know you are disappointed but (like one of my cars) you can only have time for a few toys.  My P car isn't getting any love. Might sell it.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Yeah Jim - I was actually moving backwards.  Developed a fuel leak, had to remove the fuel lines and drain the tank.  Developed a coolant leak, removed upper hose and thermostat neck.  Today - passenger side door was stuck from non-use.

When they are just deteriorating, yeah - it's time to sell.

Makes me sad.

Makes me sad to hear of you selling your Porsche.

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

Buyer said the carrier would be here between the 3rd and the 5th.  Waited around the house all day yesterday - no joy.  Halfway through today - not a peep from the shippers.  I get hopeful every time I hear a truck drive down our street.

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

Unreal.

I just talked to the shipper.  Now they won't be here until Monday afternoon.  I have to work, so I won't be here until Monday after 5 pm.  Oh - and the shipper didn't know that the car was inoperative.  Good grief.

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

Shipper never showed.  Buyer ended up cancelling, and is going to fly here next Friday, rent a truck and trailer and tow the car back to New Hampshire!  Holy Cow!

I'll pick him up at the airport and take him to the truck rental place and then to the house to pick up the car and tow it back to New Hampshire.  

I hope this guy loves the car....

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

1 hour ago, Kidasters said:

Shipper never showed.  Buyer ended up cancelling, and is going to fly here next Friday, rent a truck and trailer and tow the car back to New Hampshire!  Holy Cow!

I'll pick him up at the airport and take him to the truck rental place and then to the house to pick up the car and tow it back to New Hampshire.  

I hope this guy loves the car....

He will so love it!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I hope so.  

Went out this morning and replaced the water neck, water neck studs and upper radiator hose.  Also re-attached the fuel pump.  A battery, coolant and some fuel, and it should fire right up.  Maybe......

I'll go over to O'Reilly tomorrow and get a battery and some coolant and we'll see.

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.