• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Chamonix full resto'

iinca

Price: $24500

Description:

1971-2002-restoration-list.pdf

I bought this gem last year and have enjoyed it as much as I could over the winter. I might have put 400 miles on it in dry conditions. However... circumstance has forced me sell it

It's basically gorgeous in old skool Chamonix

:rolleyes:

>I have done a bunch of good stuff to her since her on top of the restoration...trying to improve it on it's road to perfection.

*New Navy Blue OE door panels from a dealer (try finding those now:lol:$$$$$$)

*Full new stock exaust including tii manifold and new OE mid pipe and tail pipe..media blasted downpipe and several coats of VHT primer and VHT paint... (runs alot better than with the header! waay better low end pull)

*OE Air Filter assembly adapted to the  38/38

*OE Winter/Summer box' with snorkel

*Stock shift booty

*OE hood insulation

Sisal Mats..Sisal mats are like Coco Mats but have a tighter weave.

*New OE valve cover

OE engine and tranny mounts (no more annoying urethane)

there's more.... that I can't remember right now:(...

It's originally a California car. Was restored in Edmonton Canada  and soon after  back out to California to me. 

It's now plated, registered and safe in Cali'. Totally ready for it's new owner

Underneath is super clean and dry ie no rust what so ever.

Paint  of course is NEW. It's been stored and covered in my heated garage the whole time so it looks exactly like the day it was

done being restored.

Interior is a fine place to spend a day cruising.

Just beautiful. New Front Recaro's and matching rear seat...New Esty carpet...Perfect headliner etc..  As a favor to the new owner i'll toss in the optional crack in dash I'll toss in for free:P

Car starts INSTANTLY no matter the temp outside. It's got less than 3500 on the motor. Purrs..(recent valve adj>yesterday)

Drives stellar. Up here in the Sierras near 7000 ft. in thin air it's peppy. At sea level it's a barrel of monkeys and free beer type of driving fun!

Recent oil change (yesterday with Valvoline VR 20/50  dino high zinc)

5 speed . Syncros good...Shifts great. The short shift kit is T I G H T.

I've never had a short shift in a 2002  and had no idea just how tight a shifter could be in an 02. It's ridiculous.

Recent gear oil change (today)

Suspension being gone through is tight and quite firm. Bilstein Sports with HR springs

Everything works...You won't spend the whole summer working on it

A lot of blood sweat and tears was put into by the previous owner...Bill Patterson (a FAQ member). He took 2 years to address every inch of the car properly.

text or call (530) 401-4600

I really don't need to try and 'sell' this car. It will sell itself but I've given you the overview best I can. If you PM Bill he can send you a ton of pics and highlites from the entire rotisserie restoration

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1886 (1).JPG

IMG_1887.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1895.JPG

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1894.JPG

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1885.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1895 (1).JPG

IMG_1904.JPG

IMG_1905.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

IMG_1910.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2179 (1).JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2250.JPG

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2132.JPG

IMG_2160.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_2162.JPG

IMG_2161.JPG

IMG_2163.JPG

IMG_2123.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

Edited by iinca

Hi Steven (iinca)

Damn...I did a good job restoring that car.

I am very surprised you are selling her!? I believed you would appreciate her for the long run.

Please remove the PDF and link to MY Google photo album. I did not give you permission to use them! 

I wish potential buyer and the next owner all the best. I offer you my time; ask me any questions you may have regarding her restoration.  

Regards,

Bill Patterson

IMG_0914.JPG

'73 Bavaria, '80 Land Rover Series 2a, '71 2002, '69 2002, '74 3.0s

Hi Steven (iinca)

I am very surprised you are selling her!? I believed you would appreciate her for the long run.

Please remove the PDF and link to MY Google photo album. I did not give you permission to use them! 

I wish potential buyer and the next owner all the best. I offer you my time; ask me any questions you may have regarding her restoration.  

Regards,

Bill Patterson

IMG_0914.thumb.JPG.19072764c1842b669c59cccdfe52e1f5.JPG&key=19a2d0d203a41f428cdce3b16e6ecefa72102fedba098c7437e0d40a9633c6f3

I followed your Build thread and lusted after the car when you sold it. You did an amazing job restoring her! I have a 1971 Chamonix and have been considering a restoration however it may be more cost effective to buy this one and sell the one I have! Haha. Do you happen to have any of the original records and info on the vehicle prior to your restoration?

[SOLD] 1971 BMW 2002 VIN: 2573303 | Documented Miles since new | Bay Area Native (Both the car and me!) | Chamonix w/sunroof over custom Black/White Interior | 4-speed 

I should've bought this car when it was in Edmonton. Saw it for sale on the alberta02 list, and it had me twisted. What a car.

On 4/23/2018 at 8:32 PM, billpatterson said:

Hi Steven (iinca)

Regards,

Bill Patterson

IMG_0914.JPG

Edited by realgone
  • Like 1