• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crane Ignition and jumping Tach

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey anybody have a Crane xr7000 and is it effecting your tach?

mine won't go over 5K and it jumps around at high rev's.

I tried their tach adapter and it didn't help, also I'm using the proper crane coil per the install guide.

Guest Anonymous

Mine did the same thing, I'm running an XR-700 and an LS-91 coil. I called Crane and ordered their tach adapter, I think PN 8-2050, but before I had a chance to install it, the problem disappeared, like the day after I got it. I have no idea why and didn't do anything to fix it...give it a couple of weeks, worked for me.

Guest Anonymous

I'm not familiar with the Crane setup, but first I would wonder if the engine is revving correctly and it's just the tach that's not working correctly. Does it work ok with a BMW coil?

I've had similar problems with poor connections between the coil lead and the coil, and/or the connections at the spade terminals also not being optimal with my Bavaria.

vince