• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap adjustable rotisserie idea

penth2o

Can't remember who was looking for a cheap rotisserie but this guy in my Z club used two cheap Harbor Freight motor stands modified. 

Car has been in it for 9 years now. He says he's climbed in it to weld and such. He plans on putting bigger casters on it to wheel it up on a trailer to transport for paint. 

Just an idea.  

IMG_9569.JPG

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, conkitchen said:

Me? I would tie the center together with an I-beam or box.

Love the Yankee ingenuity 

but what do I know. 

Rotisserie-Chicken-2.jpg

Spit Roast all the Datsun 240/260Z's, chickens, and BMW 2002's. Mine could definitely benefit from a good spit roasting, that's for sure!

Edited by golf73

I built mine from scratch but in the same configuration, before moving it on a trailer it will be much easier if you tie the front stand to the rear, I used a 2x2  piece of steel and u bolted it to the tongues of the stands otherwise the stands will try to twist putting load on the ends of the car.  

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

9 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

I built mine from scratch but in the same configuration, before moving it on a trailer it will be much easier if you tie the front stand to the rear, I used a 2x2  piece of steel and u bolted it to the tongues of the stands otherwise the stands will try to twist putting load on the ends of the car.  

11 hours ago, conkitchen said:

Me? I would tie the center together with an I-beam or box.

Proves nobody reads what other people have said. ;-) 

But what do I know

That must b a z-car thing- A very long- ago friend also made a contraption like that,

and when we met up (randomly) last year, he STILL had it on the rotisserie.  We figured it 

has been like that for 22 years.  His is black, tho.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL