SPITX

South Texas

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Well, I've officially rejoined the 02 community after having sold my first 02 some twenty years ago.  I knew when I parted ways with my first 02 that the day would come that I would own another. What I didn't know at the time, was that it would take twenty years before owning another. 

Some friends here that recently moved to Texas introduced me to Terry Sayther.  Terry was kind enough to transfer ownership over to me to one of his favorite cars.  Those that know Terry have seen his '74 2002 Baur Targa.  The next time you see her she will look a little different. 

I am hoping to be able to free up some time in October so that I might join you all for 02berfest.

Until then, I appreciate being a part of the community. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the group. Was in Terry’s shop last week and they were working hard on your Targa

Anytime you go South of Austin towards Houston, let us know

Thank you Jean.  The guys have been kind enough to send me regular photo updates on their progress.  Since you had the chance to drop by Terry's, you know it will be a while before she is back on the road. 

I look forward to seeing you and your Targa one of these days in the future. 

Should have kept it together another few weeks to join the caravan to MidAmerica02Fest ! That Baur has made the trip several times. 

Where are you located, Todd ?

Ed Z

Cedar Park, Texas

As much fun as that would have been Ed, life circumstances would have prevented that run. 

Maybe one day I'll figure out how to make that one happen. 

I live down on South Padre Island. 

Thank you David. I'm looking forward to participating in as many meets as life will allow. 

South Padre... 2002s love the beach and salty air :)   Make POR15 your best friend :D

I sold a '75 to a guy in Port Isabel... I'll see if I can find his email address.  

Ed

I'll have to be very vigilant down here next to the gulf.

POR15 is certainly a good recommendation for sure. 

How long ago did you sell the '75 to the guy in Port Isabel?  I've never seen it out on the road.