• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wegweiser

auggiemize

Paul, 

Although we've never met we actually share many things. Most importantly, cancer (advanced melanoma) diagnosed nine years ago and today no evidence of disease, hernias - two surgeries to repair, a longtime love for 02s - finally fulfilled two years ago for me, a wonderful network of family and friends, great medical care, and a strong will to get better and resume a healthy and happy life. 

We are with you.

Cheers,

Matt

1973 Ruby Red 2002 tii "Celeste"

1976 Fjord 2002 "Hazel"

On 3/30/2018 at 10:38 AM, j2002tii said:

Sorry Paul.  My name is Jeffrey Prisco and I live in Wake Forest NC which is thankfully very close to Duke.  I am hoping to get to the Vintage and would love to meet you.  My little car is probably one of the reasons that I am still here.  You see, my first car was a hand me down, 1971 2002 that my dad gave me.  I have had probably 25-30 of them in my life have loved these cars since I was a child.  It is great medicine and the only side effect is a smile!  These cars give more smiles per mile that anything that I know.  Since a 2002 was my first car and I love them so much, I wanted a 2002 to be my last car and leave it to my son who loves them too.  This story of this car is amazing.  I call it my tribute car.  Not in the classic sense but it is a tribute to the best of people and my friends.  I bought the car sight unseen.  My son and a dear friend who is a mechanic went to look at it and picked it up for me.  After a few months, (of course I complained the whole time) they finally shipped it to me but it looked like a different car than the one that I bought.  They still won't tell me what they did or give me a bill but they left enough for me to do and stay busy.  Since this miserable disease has handicapped me physically, they did all the things that they knew I would not be able to do or afford since I am in an experimental treatment program that is extremely expensive and not covered by insurance.  That is just the beginning of the incredible story.  Thank God for my little car and my friends!  Not to mention my wife and son.

Jeffrey I hope your treatment goes well!  You need a GFM too since your treatment is not covered by insurance.  Isn't it insane that this is how healthcare works in this country?

And Paul, hope you are better soon!

Edited by robspeed
  • Like 2

Thank you for your kind words!  I fight for my life every day.  They tell me that I must be one in a billion to beat this but I think that someone has to be so why not me?  Miracles happen every day.  Don't get me going on the healthcare system.  There are some very good things but there is much that can be improved upon.  Just one example is that there is a treatment that would be very effective for me but it costs $100,000.  Insurance will cover it when my health deteriorates enough.  My doctors tell me that it would be far more effective if I had the treatment now.  Guess the insurance company knows more than the doctors at Duke.  Unfortunately I do not have $100,000 or I would do it.  There are so many more examples like one of my prescriptions costing $12,281 monthly, but I shall spare everyone.  2002's are much less expensive and are the best medicine.  The only side effect being a smile!  I do have a Go Fund me and my friends have been amazing.  I am eternally grateful to my friends who have helped.  If you are interested, you may visit https://www.gofundme.com/JeffreyPrisco

• Like 1

Paul and Jeffrey, thank you for sharing with us.  My Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer last week, similar to Jeffrey's but with no pain strangely enough.  The difference is, he's 87, and is taking it very well going on the saying, "If you live long enough...."  In your cases it doesn't seem fair, cancer is that way.

I'm thinking about you guys every day now, helping me personally by resetting some priorities.  Thanks again for sharing.

• Like 1

It is not uncommon to find prostate cancer in men at 87.  The good news is that with proper treatment, at that age, something else will get them before the cancer does.  It is more of a chronic issue for the elderly because cell reproduction (both good and cancer cells) is so slow in older people.  Unfortunately, in my case, I was 58 when diagnosed with stage 4 which is highly unusual especially since my PSA was normal the March before.  I will keep you and your dad in my prayers.  Stay really positive and play with your 2002!

Zen Wrench,

Two of my best(and oldest) friends went thru what you're experiencing.  They beat it.  So will you. 

I look forward to the day we finally meet. 

Mac. 

• Like 1

just seen this Paul - too much bloody cancer in the world, touches everyone directly or indirectly, but on the upside treatment now is pretty amazing. Stay strong and keep your hands greasy, it's the best medicine

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Weg, Stay well, we need to talk o2s. The fbomb motivates us all and we need to send moto to you to fight like a redneck and win this battle. A year from now I hope you can toast victory and find your own quest of peace and forget the battle you will win. In my own rehab I only qwote "what choice do I have". Stay positive and Pebble like Fred Flintstone and forget bout the brakes.?

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way