• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wegweiser

auggiemize

Well said Paul.

We get dealt things and try to come out better on the other side. Very much like what we do with our old cars.

So take that f bomb body of you and turn it into a show vehicle...or at least a healthier vehicle keeping that well earned patina.

Good thoughts sent your way.

Steve J

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Just to chime in on this, Paul does have health insurance, but due to the treatment, he will be out of work for a while, and obviously there is a cost associated with that. The GoFundMe is to help him with those costs. The link was already posted, but I'm repeating it below. If you can help, please do. Thanks.

--Rob

https://www.gofundme.com/paul-wegweiser

• Like 2

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

Oh! And I forgot to mention this little gem: I also gained my first hernia ever, about 5 weeks ago. It's now the size of a goose egg and the weirdest damn thing I've ever seen. 

It's like having something in your front pocket, even when you're not wearing pants! 

It didn't hurt at all for the first week or so..so I didn't sweat it....but now it's damn near killing me. The Drs won't touch it, until all the chemo is done,this summer. Grrrrrr! 

I never (in my wildest dreams) thought that someday I'd be shopping for a goddamned truss. :D

#oldmanproblems

old-man-yells-at-cloud-simpsons.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

1 hour ago, wegweiser said:

Oh! And I forgot to mention this little gem: I also gained my first hernia ever, about 5 weeks ago. It's now the size of a goose egg and the weirdest damn thing I've ever seen. 

It's like having something in your front pocket, even when you're not wearing pants! 

It didn't hurt at all for the first week or so..so I didn't sweat it....but now it's damn near killing me. The Drs won't touch it, until all the chemo is done,this summer. Grrrrrr! 

I never (in my wildest dreams) thought that someday I'd be shopping for a goddamned truss. :D

#oldmanproblems

old-man-yells-at-cloud-simpsons.jpg

Just try to ignore all those TV lawyer commercials about failed hernia "mesh" implants.  Maybe a hernia or two is a prerequisite to Vintage BMW ownership?!?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

God bless you and your family in your time of need...

99664CB9-924A-4A9A-8FFC-CB77D7F8AC4F.jpeg.7eddbd25bcced74a7d3e8654319747bb.jpeg

BMW - 1976 2002, 2003 m3, 2007 335i

Mercedes - 2015 C63 amg edition “507”, 2003 SL55 amg, 1983 380SL 

Audi - 2013 A6 supercharged,  2002 Allroad 2.7  

Porsche - 1993 968

Is that a goose egg in your pocket, or are you just happy to see...Glad that your spirit is strong, and attitude still intact. And that your Lady is there for you. Anything that you currently need?..within reason..:) We have your back brother.

Dave V. in NC

Paul, 

I can see why everyone is pulling for you. For you to crack jokes between crying spells is awe inspiring. (thanks for making me laugh). Your crying isn't a  "woe is me" issue either, but true appreciation from all your support. That says a lot about you as a man.  

I have a very good feeling, you are going to kick cancer in the ass, and start taking names. 

Bless you Paul, your family and your wonderful friends. 

Cheers, and keep that thing in your pocket or you might hurt somebody....

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty but runs. Just like me. 

Paul, I too am fighting the good fight and please know that you are in my prayers.  So far, thank God, I am the one in a billion but it is the biggest challenge that I have ever faced.  The strength you gain from those who love you will be the best medicine you can have.  The other best medicine you can have is a little 2002!  Tons of smiles come from these little cars.  When I was diagnosed with terminal cancer last January, the first thing I did was buy a project tii.  Keeps my head in a really good place and gives me purpose.  While there are so many tears with this horrible disease, you will also find that there is so much good in the world.  Just look at your Go Fund Me.  That is a testament to your character and cancer can never take that away or any other important part of you.  Be really positive about it and really strong.  Look forward to living and don't let cancer be a major issue for you.  It's just part of our lives now.  You can do this and win!  Fuck cancer!

• Like 10

J2002tii wrote: "When I was diagnosed with terminal cancer last January, the first thing I did was buy a project tii."

^ THIS.

Right here.

Is a hero, folks. 

I'm awful at figuring out real names and how they correspond to the FAQ handles... but I hope our paths cross in May at The Vintage, Sir. 

• Like 3

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Sorry Paul.  My name is Jeffrey Prisco and I live in Wake Forest NC which is thankfully very close to Duke.  I am hoping to get to the Vintage and would love to meet you.  My little car is probably one of the reasons that I am still here.  You see, my first car was a hand me down, 1971 2002 that my dad gave me.  I have had probably 25-30 of them in my life have loved these cars since I was a child.  It is great medicine and the only side effect is a smile!  These cars give more smiles per mile that anything that I know.  Since a 2002 was my first car and I love them so much, I wanted a 2002 to be my last car and leave it to my son who loves them too.  This story of this car is amazing.  I call it my tribute car.  Not in the classic sense but it is a tribute to the best of people and my friends.  I bought the car sight unseen.  My son and a dear friend who is a mechanic went to look at it and picked it up for me.  After a few months, (of course I complained the whole time) they finally shipped it to me but it looked like a different car than the one that I bought.  They still won't tell me what they did or give me a bill but they left enough for me to do and stay busy.  Since this miserable disease has handicapped me physically, they did all the things that they knew I would not be able to do or afford since I am in an experimental treatment program that is extremely expensive and not covered by insurance.  That is just the beginning of the incredible story.  Thank God for my little car and my friends!  Not to mention my wife and son.

• Like 7