Tom B

Selling '73 2002

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

I've got a '73 roundie - Malaga.  64,431 miles, original interior, body in excellent condition.  Body pan excellent - no rust.  This car deserves to be ion the hands of someone that values a classic original.  I'm in Portland, OR.  Any interest in the Bay Area 02 group?  I'm going to list it with photos in the next week or two in the usual places - BMWCCA, eBay, Hemmings etc.  Tom Boggess 503 807-1178

More info and pix would be greatly appreciated. Miles verified, or odo rolled over once? Original paint? Stock configuration or any of the usual/popular upgrades? Ownership and/or service history?

As soon as it stops raining I'll get some photos posted - been pretty soggy up here.  As for the mileage - I'm 90% certain the odo hasn't rolled.  Took it to a local BMW guru mechanic here and he agreed - but didn't think to get it verified.  From the paperwork I've inherited (past titles etc.) it supports the 64k mileage.  So - unless someone was pretty slimy that should be it.  Upgrades/mods include bilstein shocks, beefed up sway bar, refurbished inertia reels.  I believe it's original paint although the mechanic commented that at least a portion had been re-painted.  I've got some ownership/maintenance history but not end to end.

As soon as it stops raining I'll get some photos posted - been pretty soggy up here.  As for the mileage - I'm 90% certain the odo hasn't rolled.  Took it to a local BMW guru mechanic here and he agreed - but didn't think to get it verified.  From the paperwork I've inherited (past titles etc.) it supports the 64k mileage.  So - unless someone was pretty slimy that should be it.  Upgrades/mods include bilstein shocks, beefed up sway bar, refurbished inertia reels.  I believe it's original paint although the mechanic commented that at least a portion had been re-painted.  I've got some ownership/maintenance history but not end to end.
That sounds promising. I'm looking forward to some pics as I have a 73 Malaga as well that needs bodywork/paint and I'm at the point where I'm not sure how much more I want to invest in it.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Got out between the rain drops today.  Should've shot the trunk area - it's clean as a whistle and in great shape.

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

great looking car... hope it stays local and the new owner makes it out to the Brisbane swap & show! (if it doesnt sell before then...probably a good venue to show it to prospective buyers)

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 4:31 PM, 1936spyder said:

VERY interested. Will PM you in a moment.

So, did you buy it?

On 4/10/2018 at 6:11 PM, Forrest_KoogleWerks said:

great looking car... hope it stays local and the new owner makes it out to the Brisbane swap & show! (if it doesnt sell before then...probably a good venue to show it to prospective buyers)

It was located in Portland, but if @1936spyder bought it, it will be local!

So, did you buy it?
No...seriously tempted though but have been hoping I can close something closer to home that I've been working on for awhile.
Did it sell?