323IJOE

Engine block hose nipple, where does it go?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Right above the starter on the block I have a nipple, not connected to anything right now, and not capped Its a 76 with all smog equipment removed. Should I just cap it?

This one?

20160704_154657.thumb.jpg.0a972d2f959e9d

It's for a water-activated choke, runs from the block to the carb to the intake manifold.  If you don't have a water choke, you can buy a plug for it -  PN 11111254189

It sounds like the nipple for the water line to a water choke. Here’s my ‘76’s engine out of the car, but with the Solex’s water choke hooked up.  Is this the one you are referring to?

Do you also have a nipple, for the return line, on your intake manifold?

Regards,

Steve

B017E129-CE50-43E0-9CEA-352D48FFD000.jpeg

Edited by Conserv

Or you can just run a short hose between that block nipple and the intake manifold nipple. Follow Steve's hose, but mentally remove the water choke. More clutter in your engine bay the way I did it, but getting those manifold and block nipples out, then buying plugs, etc. is more work :)

Randy

Thanks guys, My old manifold had a nipple on it, that I ended up snapping off trying it get it out, I'm 99% sure the replacement manifold I bought at the time has it capped off, if not I'll just rub another hose like you guys suggest. 

A couple Allen bolts capped both on mine. Almost looks stock.