LimeySteve

I got my new project on 4 wheels today

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

After getting the shell back from paint , I removed the suspension, stripped them down, had the parts powder coated semi gloss black after welding the Ireland Engineering rear posi lock adjustable suspension mounts on the sub-frame and boxed the front & rear Arms , .fitted Struts up front with adjustable coil springs in the rear , I fitted the engine & trans from my old car onto the sub frame, my son & I then lowered the car onto the assembly. Fitted IE front & rear sway bars, an E30 Posi 3.9 diff , Then yesterday I installed an IE Stainless steel exhaust system, I did add 1 mount just behind the muffler to add extra stability.I threw a bunch more schitt at it today & sat her on the wheels ready to go to the Graphics guy to get the flags painted on the rear quarters. All in all I'm pretty pleased with the 4 week progress . Mainly wiring , front bumper , Interior ,headliner , carpet & glass to complete . I retired & have to be out of my building by the end of March so it's all gung ho at the moment . I will be finishing the car at home but I'm having a great time building the 02 I always wanted.

20180324_174829.jpg

20180324_174845.jpg

20180324_175019.jpg

20180324_175033.jpg

• Like 12

Very cool color combination--Polaris & Atlantic?  And that looks suspiciously like a late model Morris Minor behind the '02...sedan or Traveler?  Can't tell from the picture.

cheers

mike 

• Like 1

Thanks Guys  , the color is Polaris and Pacific Blue , a Jaguar colour , my 32 Ford Roadster is the same colour , it has a lot of silver in it.

The Moggy is one I brought back from the dead , it's a 2 door , a customer I did a 1953 F100 for liked it & bought it off me.It's in for a starter motor & water pump .

( As it's an English colour I spelled as we do  :) )

IMG_0357.JPG

• Like 4

Always loved your '32, Steve... I still have the picture you sent me of the engine in the frame rails.

In my humble opinion, a perfect  execution of a '32. Pure class. 

Ed Z

Thanks Ed , that's very nice to hear , it's an original 1932 body too, not molested & built  with a fifties feel , except the Hemi is British from a 1959 Daimler Majestic Major .

• Like 1

In the sixties, before atlantic, BMW had a Pacific blue as well. Looks great. 

• Like 1