• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rogers tii feedback

bmw_e30

what does that have to do with the price of eggs ?

Even eggs have bothered to host their email at eggs.com, Esty!

hee

t

no egg in THIS basket.

• Like 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Huh?

Whoo?

FWIW, 45 hits come up using seArch... for [ Rogers tii feedback ]

Edited by '76mintgrun'02

DISCLAIMER -- I now disagree with much of the timing advice I have given in the past.  I misinterpreted the distributor curves in the Blue Book as timing maps for our engines.  I've also switched from using ported-vacuum to manifold, with better results.  I apologize for spreading misinformation. 

(3-28-2024)  

In the for what it is worth category, I use rogerstii.  I ordered 2-3 "buckets" of stuff, each 300-500 each.  I took the same list to blunt and was higher by $30-$50.  I never had a problem with rogerstii, quality seems good, no reason to change. 

I do order stuff from Ireland.  They are great and have some innovative products, and the kits are well thought out. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

I’ve spent thousands of dollars with Roger over many years and have had nothing but great experiences. I have found his prices to be fair and his service to be faultless. He provides an excellent support role to our community by stocking a huge variety of parts with a wealth of knowledge to back them with. 

It seems that some people can be awfully  precious these days. If they’re not continuously cradled ike flannel-swaddled, slumbering babes at every juncture of each transaction, they quickly resort to shrill, plaintive, bleating & winging noises.

Roger is a transplanted, no-nonsense, East Coaster who delivers the goods with integrity and a dry, direct style of communication, but he isn’t big on catering to the hypersensitivity so prevalent here in the Bay Area (and elsewhere). I think that often creates a bit of a culture clash...but the man is solid, as long as you don’t feel the need to be held and gently rocked every time you contemplate the life-defining decision of new beltline trim...and as long as his aol email doesn’t encroach upon the bedrock of your self-satisfied, hipster street-cred.

COOP (Bostonian transplant in the BA)

PS: Also love me some Blunt, Ireland & CNPR with many years of great service from all.

Edited by COOP
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Never spoke to them on the phone but always ordered directly online, paid via PayPal and receive package within a week or two. I only buy from them parts that are NLA directly from BMW. Never had any issue. Only one time after placing an order, I received an email saying that the part was on back order and only that time I had to wait a few extra weeks. Which is fine because I have had to wait over a year for some part I ordered directly through the local dealer. And sometime the local dealer doesn't have an eta on some part.

Now Blunt is entirely different story. He is our buddy!

Edited by resra

I have used him also a few times but that was back in the early daze. I remembered it being positive with no problems. 

I do remember a few bitches about him but I think those were about his high prices. 

I just rifled the archives with his name and most of the posts about him were positive since 2005. The complaints back then and throughout the years were his high prices but like I thought, most were positive. 

His history proves positive. I can't say about today as I have not ordered but I'm sure I will be. 

• Like 1

I bought several items from them. I had an issue with the strut bearing assemblies I purchased, bearings fell out of the assemblies. He sent replacement BMW units even before I returned the defective parts. Great service and good communication.

On 3/22/2018 at 3:02 AM, COOP said:

I’ve spent thousands of dollars with Roger over many years and have had nothing but great experiences. I have found his prices to be fair and his service to be faultless. He provides an excellent support role to our community by stocking a huge variety of parts with a wealth of knowledge to back them with. 

It seems that some people can be awfully  precious these days. If they’re not continuously cradled ike flannel-swaddled, slumbering babes at every juncture of each transaction, they quickly resort to shrill, plaintive, bleating & winging noises.

Roger is a transplanted, no-nonsense, East Coaster who delivers the goods with integrity and a dry, direct style of communication, but he isn’t big on catering to the hypersensitivity so prevalent here in the Bay Area (and elsewhere). I think that often creates a bit of a culture clash...but the man is solid, as long as you don’t feel the need to be held and gently rocked every time you contemplate the life-defining decision of new beltline trim...and as long as his aol email doesn’t encroach upon the bedrock of your self-satisfied, hipster street-cred.

COOP (Bostonian transplant in the BA)

PS: Also love me some Blunt, Ireland & CNPR with many years of great service from all.

You, East Coaster, you!  You must have spent some time in NYC as well! (I know you did.)

I can’t stop laughing at this, COOP, because it captures what I often think but wouldn’t say in this California-heavy forum....

Thanks and best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 3/22/2018 at 1:02 AM, COOP said:

Money talks and shit walks.  Screwed in the pocket book once and this tune will change.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I had sent in a request for some parts yesterday from the dealer (costs are raw w/out sales tax/shipping), some comparisons to the other.

Dealer

Center Kidney Grill ('74+) - $244.01 (back order)

Complete Tail Light ('74+) - $337.00 (complete with bezel, light, weatherstipping etc.) Left side is Backorder. Right side same cost.

Tail Light Lens ('74+) - $232.24 (left and right same cost)

Rogers

Center Kidney Grill ('74+) - $369.75 (no mention of back order)

Complete Tail Light - left ('74+) - $339.68 (complete with bezel, light, weatherstipping etc.) Left side is Backorder, noted on site.

Complete Tail Light - right ('74+) - $399.68 (complete with bezel, light, weatherstipping etc.) In stock

Tail Light Lens ('74+) - $240.19 (left and right same cost)

Blunt

Center Kidney Grill ('74+) - $255.44 (no mention of back order)

Complete Tail Light - left ('74+) - I couldn't find this item offered on his site, lenses only, probably would have to ask?

Complete Tail Light - right ('74+) - Ditto, couldn't find on site....

Tail Light Lens ('74+) - Left $230.18, then he has a left and right of the same at $243.18 so who knows, not sure why he has a left listed at both $230 and $243 but whatever.

Rogers has Euro turn signal(s) listed at $291.86 (each), Blunt at $499.50/pair, which is a pretty good savings.  Euro stuff is trickier to get from the dealer now if you didn't know, basically you have to have the car/vin to get it based on what I am being told.  So it is a little bit of a mixed bag on these items, probably a lot of things would be similar.  I get most everything from the dealer, for the most part the best pricing, great service and they are in California (local to me) and I always try to support the locals whenever i can, even if it means paying some premium (within certain limits).

• Like 1

A lot has been said here. In my experience RogersTii is a good seller and I never through twice about the service. Phone/email has all been good. In fact, he sells a Cad-plated bolt kit for the doors hood and trunk which was awesome (and convenient) when I put together my car after repaint. Like anything, when you're buying obscure parts you may need to shop around. I like that his website has pictures of the products too.

All this said: in my experience Dave at Aardvarc Racing and Steve at Bluntech are tremendously helpful and the best sellers I've worked with. A+

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimk said:

Money talks and shit walks.  Screwed in the pocket book once and this tune will change.

I somehow doubt Roger has survived and thrived for as long as he has in THIS environment by “screwing in the pocket book.” As mentioned, I’ve dealt with the man for many years without issue and so I’m doubting my “tune will change” much as relates to his business practices. What brand of “shit” are you “walking” here?

COOP

Edited by COOP

34 minutes ago, COOP said:

As mentioned, I’ve dealt with the man for many years without issue and so I’m doubting my “tune will change” much

When RogersTii charges you something other than agreed upon, then the tune will change.

Edited by jimk

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I'm with Jim. I also won a $100 coupon at MidAm for used parts. I needed some trim bits for the 2000CS. "Yep I have those, they aren't the best" yet he wanted top dollar for them and wouldn't send a picture of them to me. Telling me take them or leave them. 

I left them and never dropped another raffle ticket on a Rogers item, nor called him again. 

My $0.02... 

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool