• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rogers tii feedback

bmw_e30

they literally charge retail prices so i expect a high level of customer service and fast shipping. i remember emailing them a few years ago for something and never getting a reply back but figured i would give them one more shot.

emailed them a few days ago in the middle of the day expecting something back in less then 24 hours. 3 days later and nothing so i decide to call them and the guy answering the phone is a dick today. rude and condescending like he is doing my a favor answering the phone.

so crazy high prices + shitty customer support = how are they still in business?

i've only purchased from blunt/ie/bav auto north hollywood for all my vintage bmw needs for years now and couldn't be happier.

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

While they seem to have quite a number of things we need, most everything is available from the dealer or other sources you mentioned.  You just need to determine the part numbers.  Many here have used him/them & praise them, but I have no experience.  Does anyone know "Roger" & of his involvement with the 2002 community?

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I have bought a few things from them. Certainly wouldn’t be gushing about their customer service but then nothing negative either.

Only really use them for things I can’t find anywhere else, mainly because of price. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

agreed that customer service is nominal:

they shipped using wrong carrier

i complained

no reply

one month later i got the reimbursement i asked for 

good stuff ... but i would argue that they need to up their 'experience' if they want to survive in this small space with a few different suppliers capable of supplying the same product.

1970 1600-2 VERONA conversion at Moment Motors

I have very good service from RogerTii, made ~6 orders in last year.  Usually filled and shipped within 24hrs.  I agree prices are list, but have noticed items on sale are better than other sources.  Store is located in California bay area, shipping to west coast cities is typically 2-days even with USPS.

I won a discount certificate at the MidAmerica02fest a couple years ago.  Certificate said to call in the order so they could record the certificate number.  Did so, placed an order, Got the product, got the credit card bill for the purchase, no discount.  Not worth chasing, just go somewhere else for my needs.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I ordered a Repa belt from them last year on 8/29, didn't get shipped out until 9/8.  It took two weeks to get something from them that was supposedly in-stock per their website.  Plus their customer service email is rogers.tii@aol.com, I mean come on now.  Maybe I should check Ask Jeeves or browse pets.com while I'm waiting next time. :P

I almost exclusively deal with BluntTech now.  If I send them an email I receive a same-day reply if it's within normal business hours, and Steve takes the time to explain the why behind some things otherwise unknown to me.  Highly recommend them.

• Like 3

Bought quite a few things from them, never had a problem and get my stuff fast, I live in the Bay Area.  I have a contact at BMW of Monterey and get slightly better deals there.  I bought all of my belt line trim from Roger.  Gave me some really good deals....on some seconds.  A second to him (regarding trim) is anything that isn't perfect.  Even the smallest little blem, stuff you would really have to look hard to see ends up in the 2nds pile (wrapped in plastic).  He let me have access to everything he had and the pick through to get the best, I don't recall now exactly how much I saved but it was at least a couple of hundred dollars.

Everyone clearly has different experiences with different vendors, I for one had a completely jacked up experience with one of the vendors mentioned above, would never go back for that punishment again.  Don't need to, I can get everything I need (and that isn't much really for my car) from the dealer for less.

Edited by markmac

I’ve gotten stuff from Roger’s tii many times over the past 20 years. Usually for parts that’re harder to find, or near-NLA, or are currently out of stock elsewhere.  Or small parts I see in their inventory when I’m already buying something else.  Prices always seemed fair given availability.  Shipping was always quick, and orders correct... I often also got credited back shipping costs when actual costs were less than estimated for my online orders.

So I’ve never had a bad experience with ‘em.

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

His website doesn’t make searching for a part easy, prices are dealer plus, some parts are W&N with name blanked out, he is like any other retailer who buys from BMW.  

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

I ordered a couple times from them being a drivers door, and turbo body kit rubber gasket. Both times I had insane shipping charges here to Hawaii but had no choice so paid. Each time they refunded a large portion of the shipping cost without me even asking, and I thought that was very nice. Pretty quick too.