Sign in to follow this  
bimbill

Request for photos from Griot's Garage

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

As the title suggests, Griot's garage has asked for local 2002 owners to submit images of their cars for possible inclusion in an upcoming hard bound book to be produced by BMW CCA as part of a celebration of BMWs to be displayed at the Lemay Museum later this year.  As I understand it, the process will be:  1) you submit images to Griot's via email.  2) if they decide to use your car they ask you to bring it to the Tacoma facility on March 31 for a professional photo shoot.  3). they will then decide which images from that day to include on the Griot's page in the coffee table book.

There are obviously a lot of moving parts in this project so whether your car makes the final cut depends on how interested local 02 owners are in the process.  But if you think about it, as long as weather co-operates it would make for a fun gathering; sort of an 02/02 redux without the rain.  Here is the email Shari Blair sent with email addresses for you to use to submit:

Lance,

Thank you for talking with me today about this! We appreciate the help.

Here are some more details on this really cool project.

We would like to have the 2002’s submit photos of their cars, they can be factory, bone stock, modified or racing  a variety is best!

We will then contact them to come in for the shoot, so make sure we get their name, contact info and any details about the car.

It is for a Hardcover book being produced in conjunction with the Museum exhibit that will run May through June. 

So it is a big deal to be included in the book!

They will be featured on the Griot’s page in the book and the BMW CCA will be producing it.

The shoot will take place on Saturday, March 31st so they will need to be available on that date.

They can submit their photos to my email address below. Or they can send them to gdevivo@griotsgarage.com as well.

Thanks again Lance.

Talk soon,

Shari Blair

mailto:sblair@griotsgarage.com

I talked to Nick Griot about this project and it turned out they only needed one car for their page and I was able to connect him with Byron, so his Turbo will be the one.  Seemed like a logical choice although we have plenty of good cars in the area.  Hope to see them all at XXX Root Beer on May 27th.

Sign in to follow this