Guest Hafez Daraee

73 tii Injection Pump Rebuil

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Hafez Daraee

Folks,

Can anyone recommend a reputable shop to rebuild an injection pump for my 73 tii?  Location is not an issue.  I am more concerned with finding someone who knows what they are doing and who will actually follow-up and do what they say they are going to do.  

Thanks in advance,

HD

Not sure why I got kicked into the "guest" category, and sorry for mistyping "Rebuild."  Otherwise, any help is much appreciated,

HD

Wes Ingram up in Washington state. Do a quick search on him here. He does all injection pumps KF's as well as Spica ( Alfa ) and Bosch ( Porsche ) 

Gus at Pacific Injection in San Fran area is the go to around here. Wes Ingram can do it, although from experience, he may not always disclose the details you may need to know about your rebuild. Like things he omitted to replace. There is also Hans at H&R fuel injection in Bohemia NY.  

Gus/Pacific Fuel Injection.

Fairchild did a pump for my 73tii many years ago before he checked out of SoCal for Redding, worked just fine.  No experience with the others but have heard good things.

Gus tested out my Schnitzer pump DLO90c injectors, tested my fabricated lines.  25 mins from my house so an obvious choice.

I will say, he has a lot of work in there usually with Porsche pumps, Merc pumps and BmW pumps so it can be some time to get it done (like maybe 3-4 months).  Best to call and check.  He isn't a schmuck, he'll give you the straight deal with realistic time frame (which may not be what you want to hear).  Good luck with your project.

Wes Ingram.  Washington State.  I saw, first hand, the bench test that is performed on the pump.  Thorough and aggressive.  

5ab14981a39a9_KFish_BeforeAfter1.jpg.2ad890c0f28b7c9c2c288032e094564d.jpg5ab14988293c3_KFish_BeforeAfter2.thumb.jpg.437cfe79d6a57cc6bea9570dee7b7dea.jpg

Precision only.

Way back when, I did not have good results with one of the others, and found Dave and David to have them re-do.

I have known them for over 25 years now, they currently have my Turbo pump, distributor etc.,

• Like 1