jrhone

The 02 Detail Products Thread - What do u use?

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

(edited)

This might be a fun thread. A detailing products thread.  What do you use for your 02?  

Since I had the car resprayed 2 years ago I haven’t used water to wash my 02, I use waterless Mothers Instant Detailer.  For the interior I use Meguiars Supreme Shine Hi Gloss Protectant and for tires I use Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel.  

I find it easy to keep the exterior looking good with the Mothers Instant Detailer.  I can use it on the paint, windows, chrome and wheels.  It’s also affordable at about $6 a bottle at Walmart. On the interior, using Meguirs Supreme Shine leaves a nice gloss on the seats, dash and door panels.  On the tires, the Armor All Gel is easy to apply and doesn’t get all over the place like a lot of sprays.  The tire sheen lasts a long time and stays on the tires, instead of splattering all over the car. 

2CB6F821-0B7A-4A0A-ABDA-7EBB1C082FFA.thumb.jpeg.1dfaaa27c0a7d6207383ae2cdbb296bf.jpeg

B578C7C7-B8E9-4301-B6F0-FCC085408E0D.thumb.jpeg.badf2dda7e9ffd46afb337d801d862c1.jpeg

Edited by jrhone
  • Like 1

(edited)

Zymöl products they smell wonderful.

Griot's Speed Shine & Best of Show Detail sprays.

Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant for vinyl and black trim

Meguiar's Ultimate Black for tires and grills

Würth Rubber Cleaner

Vern_at_NMR.jpg

Edited by adawil2002
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, adawil2002 said:

Zymöl products they smell wonderful.

Griot's Speed Shine & Best of Show Detail sprays.

+1 on those two products...last summer I finally used the last of the Zymol wax I bought at Ofest in 2003!  And yes, I have 4 cars and a pickup truck I wax regularly.  That stuff works!

And another product that's most useful, especially for cars that are used on a regular basis:  a clay bar and accompanying lubricant.  You won't believe how smooth your car's horizontal surfaces are after a little claying.  Try a spot, then run your finger over an un-clayed section and one you just did...you'll see (or rather feel) the difference.  

Any recommendations for something that really works to treat vinyl that's exposed to sun to keep it from outgassing and getting brittle (like dashboards and rear seat backs)?

mike

and an old towel.

t

Dawn-Dish-Soap-9oz.jpg

Hmmm  My dawn is duck certified. 

dlm ny country

Unknown.jpeg

• Haha 1

Chemical Guys Mr Pink Soap

Griots Soap

Chemical Guys Jet Seal

Chemical Guys Black Light Finish wax,

Chemical Guys V7 Sealant

Meguiar's Clay Bar

Turtle Wax Tire Shine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TobyB said:

and an old towel.

t

Dawn-Dish-Soap-9oz.jpg

Great for stripping the wax, etc., from your car's surface before clay bar, polish, and LSP (Last Step Product = glaze, sealer, wax, ceramic coat).  Dawn also does a number to shorten the life of your rubber components.

4 hours ago, mike said:

And another product that's most useful, especially for cars that are used on a regular basis:  a clay bar and accompanying lubricant.  You won't believe how smooth your car's horizontal surfaces are after a little claying.  Try a spot, then run your finger over an un-clayed section and one you just did...you'll see (or rather feel) the difference.  

Any recommendations for something that really works to treat vinyl that's exposed to sun to keep it from outgassing and getting brittle (like dashboards and rear seat backs)?

mike

Clay bar can mar the surfaces, so usually should be followed up by polishing.

There are a number of vinyl & rubber treatments that have UV protection - 303 Aerospace protectant, Griot's vinyl & rubber dressing, Adam's super VRT tire & trim dressing.

I went to a clay bar once.

It's like nude beaches- the people you HOPE will go are never the ones that DO go...

t

clay.jpg

• Haha 1