Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andreas

Right Carb_Cam

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Andreas

Hello, i tried to get an answer for my question at the e21 forum but i dont get an answer for my questions. I am looking for some infos to choose the right parts for my engine setup. Engine is a 318i M10 coming from an E30. Its a pre catalytic version with 9.5 compression. Plan is to stay with the single carb to keep an original look. Here its starts to get a bit difficult for me. Carb of choice would be a weber register 32/36 or a 38/38 double downdraft. As i understand the 38/38 is the one for more performance than the 32/36. A Schrick Camshaft would be the next step: but schrick say for a single carb engine the 284 is the max to go with. As i remember some of you are running a 292 cam with a single carb and it seems that it works? By the way exhaust system will be a free flow 2.25" martelius one. Here in germany the single carb versions are not so often done so i hope to get some informations by this way. Greets andreas

(edited)

I'm running a 2 liter engine, 9.5 CR, 284 Schrick cam and a 32/36 Weber and it works just fine.  Remember that your 318-sourced M10 is 1.8 liters, not two, so you have a few hundred cc's less displacement, so a 38/38 may be a bit much...IMHO...

mike

Edited by mike

Guest thanks

Thank you so much for your fast answers. i am totally impressed and hope to get some further information