rapandi

Trunk floor boards - Electronic Design (DXF)

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi Team,

This is a shot in the dark question. I need to cut out new floor boards for my car. Mine are broken in some places etc. I do a fair bit of work on programs like Autocad, Revit, sketchup etc in my line of work. I could go buy a sheet of timber and trace the old board on the new etc and cut out with a jigsaw. All do able I know....but ..... Has anyone mapped the dimensions of the floor boards in to say a DWG or DXF file using Autocad etc? If you do then would you be willing to share this file? I wouldn't mind taking that file to a machine shop to CNC the boards out for me. It would be so much quicker I feel. 

I am not hopeful to get anything cause I am assuming no one has gone down this route. In that case I will map it out electronically myself. Just thought of asking as it will save me some time. 

Regards

Raj

are you talking about trunk panels...if so e-mail me

11 hours ago, andyleonard said:

Careful now; they're not all the same.

I think Andy is referring to the US cars that were equipped with illuminated rear side markers.  when that feature was added in 1970 or 71, Masonite panels were added to the trunk sides to protect the wiring from errant trunk objects.  And in 1974, US cars gained the "diving board" bumpers, which required trunk reinforcements, again changing the trunk floorboard dimensions.  

Since Raj is in Australia, unless he has a US spec car, his trunk floorboards are most likely the same as US cars prior to the illuminated side markers-i.e. a '68 or '69.

mike

Correct me if I'm wrong please....don't the square tails have more cutouts by the gas filler?

11 hours ago, andyleonard said:

Careful now; they're not all the same.

turbos, roundies and square tail trunk boards are different patterns, not interchangeable...roundie boards are wider and have a deeper cut out for the filler neck...they are not interchangeable...the side panels only fit roundies

Looking for the same thing if your willing to share with the group!

76' 02'.

Truck panels are popular tonight! I just ordered some for my roundie tonight from Esty! Haha.