penth2o

More 02 goodness in the bins.

22 posts / 1124 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Hey Paul,

i know you didn't ask me, but I found my bra(gee, that sounds funny..:lol:) when I was going through boxes trying to assess what to begin with on bringing my Mint Grun back to life. The blue color in the embroidered roundel faded to a kind of purple. The bra seems to be of very good quality, but I do not remember seeing a tag on it to indicate who made it. 

As an aside, how to you keep the sunroof rail covers(?) so shiny? I had mine buffed by a shop a couple of years ago and it did not take long before they were corroded aluminum again. Of course, i did not wax them or do anything else after they were buffed, but I had the sunroof closed most of the time.

Thanks,

Phlip

20180209_111728.jpg

20180209_111736.jpg

20180209_111755.jpg

Edited by bublinki
left out a word

It hasn't been on it but once to check fit. 

Bought it. Fit it. Stashed it. In 2005. 

Never took a pic Paul. Sorry. 

Trying to find you one on the web but I don't see any on the 02. 

I see this half bra for the hood but I went full with the screens for the sides of the kidney to let air flow and turn signals. 

This one protects the whole front hood n fender sides by turn signals. 

Half bra protects the hoodline edge. 

More cosmetic if ya ask me.  

IMG_8296.JPG

Nice Bra Bublinki.   :D  I don't believe I've seen that style. Looks like it protects well though. Does she protect the lower dam?  

Is that all screen across the grill for air flow?

(edited)
3 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Do you have a picture with it on the car?  I'd like to see it.  Thanks.

No pix of mine, but here are two from this forum.  I believe this is a Colgan.  The Wolf is a bit different between the headlights - more like bublinki's  = mesh screen to allow for air flow, but with a single wing on top to help push the bra down on the hood.

2002_ColganBra.thumb.JPG.105a7f66e27bb99

2002_ColganBra2.thumb.JPG.25b67e939b3659

Edited by John_in_VA
  • Thanks 1

Ack... I think I’ll apply the 3M clear film to my cars’ noses once they’re painted. Gotta be careful about grit collecting behind your bras and damaging the surface. Dem scratches don’t heal.

• Like 1

I had one of those bras with the two air deflectors on the top on an ‘84 3-series. They still buffetted ... and the paint too. Took it off after a couple months. Don’t bother with this type.

Dan

(edited)
13 hours ago, DanVT said:

I had one of those bras with the two air deflectors on the top on an ‘84 3-series. They still buffetted ... and the paint too. Took it off after a couple months. Don’t bother with this type.

Mine's done more good than harm in the 30 years of use.

Edited by John_in_VA
  • Like 1