Martijn 647

Mystery vacuum line

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello everyone!

Me and my brother recently got our hands on a 1502, and have been in the process of cleaning it up. We are coming close to a first start, but there is a problem. When we first bought the car (it ran) we found a tube which wasn't connected to anything, the rubber was ripped so we replaced it. But we have no idea where it goes.

We have a Solex PDSI, and on the intake manifold right beneath it, the tube emerges. We have no idea where it is supposed to go, whether it is important or anything like that. The original tube came with a funny end bit, which you can see in the picture.

The attachment points on the water housing are both used by other tubes.

Does anyone have any idea where it is supposed to go? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

5a96c8159c8cb_d7864495-6389-4d22-8c66-98174ae6855c.jpg.e9712fe535ec893372f1e26c342b6f902.jpg.e3859936ca5923ed9bd05fc5da04566d.thumb.jpg.dabd71aec28f4f35ff89f6fb8cffb553.jpg

Does the ign dist have its vac line(s) attached. Tough to see what the “bit” is. Is it a check valve or just an adapter?

I dont't have access to the car right now, so I only have a blurry image. I don't think it's a valve, it looks more like a plastic adapter. We are not car experts, so I'm not familiar with the ign dist. What is it exactly?

7cd4e539-6e99-4de9-bfd5-947746d9cdff.jpg

c1faf0e2-6b94-4f11-b7f1-523f1b9584c6.jpg

Edited by Martijn 647

Ignition distributor. There is likely a vacuum diaphragm attached to the side of it. There could be 1 or 2 nipples on it. Be sure the port(s) have good lines attached. Still can’t make out what that is. If there’s nothing else lacking a connection I’d just cap it off at the manifold and see what happens.

Was it attached to the bottom of the air cleaner? Did a wire get knocked off inadvertently, while working on engine? Do a search here for some images off engine vacuum lines and ignition set ups. That vacuum line should not keep it from running, if disconnected.
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That little snodger presses into a hole punched into the short fat hose connecting the air cleaner and the valve cover. Old-school PCV/smog stuff.

3 hours ago, andyleonard said:

That little snodger presses into a hole punched into the short fat hose connecting the air cleaner and the valve cover. Old-school PCV/smog stuff.

That's it! I remember asking myself why there was a hole there, it looked like something had broken out of it, so I fixed it with some tape. I would never think about that place for a vacuum line.

Thanks so much to all of you!

Regards,

Martijn

Edited by Martijn 647