penth2o

Michigan member roll call

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

Just calling out to see who is in my state or on the borders.   

PentH2o

Joel  

Pentwater,Mi. 

Born Detroit. Joy & Evergreen. Riots hit. Moved and raised in Milford. 

Moved to Hell, Mi. Residing in Pentwater now. 

Whole lot in between but quick breakdown.  

There's a few of us in the Metro Detroit area, checkout the Midwest regional forum for a couple of threads.

1 hour ago, Harv said:

Cleveland!

Southern Michigan?

• Thanks 1

Not quite on topic, but my car came from the UP.  Its a riviera '71.  The previous owner passed away, and I bought it from his estate.  His initials are engraved on a plaque in the car and are DE.  I don't have his name with me at the moment.  I'd love to know some of the history of the car if anyone here knew him.  

What town in the U.P.?  I spend months up there. All over.  I'm a waterfall Chaser/photographer. They have around 480 some waterfalls. I only have 320 some shot.   Might be able to hunt it down unless it came from the college in Marquette....then who knows where it was from. 

Penth2o,

It came from the Hancock/Houghton area.  The guy was apparently an airplane mechanic there so I don't believe him to be a transplant.  I have some documentation with his name, but not with me. I actually went and got the car myself.  I couldn't find a carrier that was willing to pick it up for less than 3K.  I hauled (uhaul and a car carrier) it from Houghton to Chicago, did a little service on it and then drove it back to Augusta, GA from there.  It was a fun trip. 

Edited by Tdh

Cool. I went to school both there and Marquette. I'll be up there this week. Actually I leave tomorrow.  Round up paperwork sometime. Betcha I can hunt this guy down this spring when I go back up in April. 

Local. Airplane mech. Initials.  

Should be able to come up with something. 

I'd really appreciate that.  I travel for work, and the next time I'm up your way I'll treat you to a beer or three for your trouble.  I've got a stack of registrations and some other paperwork with his name on it I can get to tonight.  I'll send you name when I find it.  

This one's a keeper, so It would be cool to know more about it.  It was obvious he was an enthusiast and loved the car.  It came with a stack of manuals, old parts he'd saved, and a bunch of other stuff that only a true believer would hang on to.  I guess none of his family were interested in it, so up for sale it went.  

Nice... Its surprising how many cars come out of the U.P.  I was at a VW swap meet in Georgia and talking to a guy that was hauling VW's out of the U.P. by the trailer loads.  WTF?  I'm right there. I need to start buying these up local. 

Years ago I was driving down the road and spotted the roofline of an 02 across a field and at the woodline.  My heart started beating. Could it be a Tii?  talked to the guy at the house and he said many moons ago his buddy went into the military and asked if he could keep it in his garage while he went overseas.  Guy never came back.

After 7 more years he threw it out in the field at the woodline.

told me to take it.

I spent a few days stripping glass and parts but I really need to go back an get the whole thing and haul it back to my house and totally strip it for spare parts. This was in 09. I keep looking at it to make sure it's there when I drive by.

Guess no one is going to get it the way it sits unless they have a chainsaw in their back pocket.

Been there before the trees were even in the field the guy told me. 

100_7098.JPG

100_7099.JPG

100_7100.JPG

100_7104.JPG

100_7107.JPG

100_7108.JPG

100_9185.JPG

100_9187.JPG

100_9189.JPG

100_9190.JPG

100_9194.JPG

100_9195.JPG

100_9196.JPG

trees2.JPG

trees3.JPG

100_7089.JPG

100_7093.JPG

100_7096.JPG

Southwest Michigan, I used to own a 73 tii back in the 90's. I've been searching for another roundie to

enjoy with little luck so far.

Edited by jp5Touring

On 3/6/2018 at 2:22 PM, penth2o said:

Just calling out to see who is in my state or on the borders.   

• Like 1

From Lansing.

Actually recieved my first 02 yesterday from Georgia.  Sadly it was originally a Michigan car which I wasnt aware of when I bought it so it rustier than I had hoped.  

It's a 72 was originally Agave.

Have a lot of work to do.

Any idea how I can open the trunk without a lock/cylinder in there? 

Joe

20180307_135316.jpg

20180307_135201.jpg

20180307_135136.jpg

20180307_135241.jpg

20180307_112903.jpg