• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2006 mid America pics

We have a caravan coming from Dayton (OH) departing Wed morning (25 April) with an overnight stop in Paragould AR.  Looks like 5-6 cars right now, probably more as the date approaches.

2002 50th anniversary year; don't miss the fun.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I'll have to keep in touch with you Mike.  I'll be coming off an Upper Peninsula spring camping trip chasing waterfalls during spring thaw. 

They run rampant then. 

Probably just stay loaded and head to you from there. 

Wont be in the Tii though. I bike also 

IMG_0194.JPG

12 hours ago, mike said:

We have a caravan coming from Dayton (OH) departing Wed morning (25 April) with an overnight stop in Paragould AR.  Looks like 5-6 cars right now, probably more as the date approaches.

2002 50th anniversary year; don't miss the fun.

mike

I would love to join this caravan...but having just got my car back on the road after engine rebuild- 60 miles so far, it makes me too nervous to make this trip this soon. The car appears to be running pretty well except the valves sound a little chattery to me. The shop supposedly set them but I think I need to check them as I dont remember them telling me what they were set at.  Maybe my hesitation is unwarranted but I fear trying to keep up with a caravan on a rebuilt engine that's not even broken in yet. Even so it's probably too late to get a room anywhere close to Eureka Springs. Am I overthinking this?

Walter-

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.

2 hours ago, ingramlee said:

I would love to join this caravan...but having just got my car back on the road after engine rebuild- 60 miles so far, it makes me too nervous to make this trip this soon. The car appears to be running pretty well except the valves sound a little chattery to me. The shop supposedly set them but I think I need to check them as I dont remember them telling me what they were set at.  Maybe my hesitation is unwarranted but I fear trying to keep up with a caravan on a rebuilt engine that's not even broken in yet. Even so it's probably too late to get a room anywhere close to Eureka Springs. Am I overthinking this?

Walter-

Walter,

No need to worry. You and the car will be in great company. You will discover once in Eureka Springs that there are quite a few cars, like mine, that are drivers and with minimal attention make it the 1200 mile round trip year after year. So much knowledge, patience and passion with this group. 

‘02 people ARE the best. 

• Like 1

'76 Stone Gray 2002

'83 blue R80RT, '83 red R80RT,

'16 Alpine White Xdrive 328d Touring

BMW2002FAQ #502

Walter:  talk to Mike Self. He can allay your concerns. The M10 and the 2002 as a whole are quite tough. How many '73 Pintos and Vegas are still on the road? For that matter, there are mighty few Impalas, LTD's or Fury III's from '73 that have survived. I believe that you and your 2002 should make the trek to Eureka Springs in April. It is NOT TOO LATE to get a room at the host hotel, btw.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

27 minutes ago, Jim_75Sahara said:

Walter:  talk to Mike Self. He can allay your concerns. The M10 and the 2002 as a whole are quite tough. How many '73 Pintos and Vegas are still on the road? For that matter, there are mighty few Impalas, LTD's or Fury III's from '73 that have survived. I believe that you and your 2002 should make the trek to Eureka Springs in April. It is NOT TOO LATE to get a room at the host hotel, btw.

Hi Jim,

I just might contact Mike. We've talked and actually met at his home before- very knowledgeable and likable guy.  As a matter of fact Mike recommended the shop (Performance Clinic in Beavercreek) that rebuilt my engine. I'm very happy with their work so far. I think I need to set dwell & timing that I've never done before- only assisted another 2002 Faq'r do on my car. Time to open up the "Blue Book" I guess.

Walter-

• Like 1

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.