• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduced parts.

penth2o

Hello.  

Getting back into the 02 mode. Left the FAQ years ago busy with other ventures and life.    Quick question. 

What NLA 02 parts have been reproduced?  Or has any outrageously priced parts from Bmw been repro?  

Full Wiring harness, horsehair,  years ago we had some talented members that use to make door stops, diagnostic tools, carpet kits and distributor bumps.  And I have those.  Just wondering if you guys could mention a quick list of what's out there today.  

I see Blunts biz idea took off. 

Also could you drop names of the top guys for maybe acid baths, Kugal rebuilds or tune up,  shops to send off for body resto.  

JG. If yer still on her we need to talk distributors. When I left we trying to figure out curves and rebuilds on some. 

Thank you for your  time. 

Parts availability ebbs and flows. Tii water pumps are available. US license plate lights are NLA.  

123 distributors are now the way to go, can adjust curves via bluetooth on ones phone.

Gus in CA or Hans in NY for K-fish rebuilds.

VSR, Vintage Sports & Restoration is Bedford, NH is the place to go. Mario Langsten and his team of craftsmen are top notch.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Thank you Andrew. I was wondering if Gus was still alive or if possibly the son he was training years ago took over. Couldn't remember Gus's name.

Any idea on bumper to bumper wiring harness?  

Did a group buy for another car I had. Had them repro front to back.  

Never forget Cd ripping on me because of the cost back then. $500. You know what?  Worth every cent. 

Haven't heard anything about a remanufactured wiring harness

There's a thread here about $1800 replacement seat pads from BMW

CD is greatly missed around here. 

• Thanks 1

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

What!!!!!   $1,800. For these?  The horse hairs???

Sh*t.  I need to find a spray or some way to preserve them from falling apart before I put them in. Anyone know of a rubberized spray that would hold these together?  

Cd is very knowledgeable we had good times.  

IMG_0183.JPG

Hi Toby.  Hey wasn't Wes into radiators years ago?  

Also. Way back when I remember something about Ray getting robbed. I remember adding to or ripping on him in a post or giving him shit for some teasing.  

What is the "Ray got robbed " in yer sig mean. 

4 minutes ago, penth2o said:

Also. Way back when I remember something about Ray getting robbed. I remember adding to or ripping on him in a post or giving him shit for some teasing.  

If my memory is correct. There was a mock election and Ray lost, hence he was robbed.

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson

4 hours ago, penth2o said:

That was a different Ingram who’s used to do recored stock radiators in CA under Silicon Garage name. I’m afraid I heard he has passed away.

Wes moved from CA up to OR and still does Spica and KF pumps (I think I was his first official customer for a KF back ~ 1990)

• Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 9:05 AM, penth2o said:

Hello.  

Getting back into the 02 mode. Left the FAQ years ago busy with other ventures and life.    Quick question. 

What NLA 02 parts have been reproduced?  Or has any outrageously priced parts from Bmw been repro?  

Full Wiring harness, horsehair,  years ago we had some talented members that use to make door stops, diagnostic tools, carpet kits and distributor bumps.  And I have those.  Just wondering if you guys could mention a quick list of what's out there today.  

I see Blunts biz idea took off. 

Also could you drop names of the top guys for maybe acid baths, Kugal rebuilds or tune up,  shops to send off for body resto.  

JG. If yer still on her we need to talk distributors. When I left we trying to figure out curves and rebuilds on some. 

Thank you for your  time. 

Rebuilding distributors is becoming a lost art. Some members can do it and have the old dizzy machines.  My original dizzy in the tii was sent to Jeff at Advanced Distributors for a rebuild and recurve (still running points). Works great.  My 69 is running the fantastic 123 electronic dizzy with USB port. Worth every penny IMO.

There are lots of new owners since the TV and Bring A Trailor auctions have opened up availability to more people. 50th anniversary this year also helps.

Edited by jgerock
  • Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I'm sorry to hear about Wes Golf. 

He was quite popular and had quite the BMW background from what I remember. 

Ok JG. When I left I had two NOS and still do, distributors. One turned out to be for the automatic and we were trying to see if Advanced Distributors could work their magic and make it useable for the Tii. 

I will check with them as I'd still like to have mine stock or (gasp) pure.  

I know most don't but I'm going in that direction. 

If it doesn't work than I buy a new Tii dizzy and dump these two NOS ones I have. 

Like I said... switching modes and gotta get back into the BMW mode now. Have had VW's on my brain for the last years. 

Thanks guys. 

7 hours ago, penth2o said:

I'm sorry to hear about Wes Golf. 

He was quite popular and had quite the BMW background from what I remember. 

Ok JG. When I left I had two NOS and still do, distributors. One turned out to be for the automatic and we were trying to see if Advanced Distributors could work their magic and make it useable for the Tii. 

I will check with them as I'd still like to have mine stock or (gasp) pure.  

I know most don't but I'm going in that direction. 

If it doesn't work than I buy a new Tii dizzy and dump these two NOS ones I have. 

Like I said... switching modes and gotta get back into the BMW mode now. Have had VW's on my brain for the last years. 

Thanks guys. 

Joel,

Good luck finding a brand new tii distributor - save your money for the 123 unit.

jim

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Shit. I just got done trying with a rare car. Uber rare. Now I shift my attention to the Tii n find out this ones gonna be brutal also. 

Always figured BMW had a lot of parts after the glass house Inka build and the NLA stuff I'd be hunting down or paying an arm for or hopefully people were working on reproducing.  

Like I said.... just getting back into it.

Just started sorting bins in my garage and prepping for a tear down. 

Gotta lotta brains to pick and methods to figure out.  

Thank God for all you Bmw veterans.  

Do do we at least have all the rubber for these things? 

Doors, glass and fittings n necessary seals?