Roeland-02

Only 15 Canadian members?

28 posts / 1906 viewsLast Reply

On 3/22/2018 at 12:31 PM, DropCulture said:

that's actually my workplace

Hey, I'm just down the road in London...  I'm pretty sure my company (in Dorchester) is working with you guys on some fuel system components for one of our projects.  We had a decent order of some custom check valves and other fittings.

Anyway, joined up to the club just now - I've been out for a few drives this spring.

20180422_140350.jpg

Just acquired my '73 from my brother-in-law in Ottawa in June.  Too hot to do much over the summer.  He bought it new and parked it in his garage in '87.  I have it running and am starting some underdog re-furb once the heat dies down.  Good to here there a few others in the London area.  I may do some reaching out.  

Unfortunately, it looks better than it is...

IMG_0741.JPG

I've been after him for years but he finally realized he wasn't going to do anything to get it roadworthy again (he's 82 and having health issues).  This keeps it in the family at least.  I have to do both front floors, the inner A pillars and left rear suspension mount.  I'm brushing up on my welding skills to prepare for the tough work.  I've done the fuel and cooling system hoses and water pump.  Ready to start it again.  

I have to go to London to meet more 02 fans. Only 2 hour drive from Niagara. But first my Nashville TN trip with the 02. Leaving this weekend. 

On mine it's the lower forward mount - the one under the rear sear at the front of the rear subframe.  I have the pieces from Germany - just a big job to install and get the geometry right.  I'm hoping to get at the floors this week if the weather cools a bit.

New member in Calgary with a mild basketcase.  Have some other projects on the go but might get in to this next winter.  Added it to the registry.  Not far from the guy in Cochrane on here and I had previously watched the header build videos before seeing them linked here.  Small world.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.